General another ouch

Currently reading:
General another ouch

we haven't had much luck with this Panda, first the rad hose coming off, the scrape to the rear bumper, the nail in the rear tyre so we had to buy a new one and now a dent. Maybe this should be in bodywork but it is a Panda. The insurance is with Norwich Union where they take the car, give you a courtesy car, repair yours and give it back to you. Has anyone had experience of this - guess quality depends on the bodyshop. Apart from the dent in the wing which has distorted (new wing?) and the cracked headlamp bracket (new unit I think) the bumper has a small crack and has moved a bit with some distortion under the light (new bumper?).

Attachments

• P1000982.JPG
    P1000982.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 15
  • P1000986.JPG
    P1000986.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 16
  • P1000989.JPG
    P1000989.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 16
Ouch Alan, you sure have a cursed car.

I would imagine NU would have a pool of authorised repair centres, who are supposed to meet certain standards so the work should be fine.

Just out of interest how near is your friendly local Fiat dealer ? (you might get NU to agree to them repairing her)

Trev

the deal with NU and her insurance is that if they do the work then she gets the courtesy car - if she takes it elsewhere then she doesn't. Of course she could hire one and then claim it back from the other party but it can get very involved. NU haven't covered themselves with glory so far - they told her the other driver wasn't insured - but yes she was and guess who with.

the deal with NU and her insurance is that if they do the work then she gets the courtesy car

I wasn't meaning take it to a non NU approved place, what I mean't is to see if they have the Fiat dealer on their list :D :D

I'm not surprised NU cannot tell who is insured on their books, they have taken over more than few companies in their time, and all have been on differing systems that don't speak to each other!

Trev

Back