General Another newbie 100hp owner

Currently reading:
General Another newbie 100hp owner

Slurper

Hi there

Just wanted to introduce myself. I must admit I've been lurking for ages.

I've just gotten myself (well, bout 2 months ago) a '08 100hp Pandamonium in black. I absolutely love it.

I'm a bit of a petrolhead (as are a lot of you here by the look of it) and love my cars and bikes. Before the Panda was a 350Z and before that a Porsche.

Unfortunately, I was made redundant at the beginning of the year. So, the Z had to go and the search for a cheap, fun drivers car began. It didn't have to be balls-out fast as me CB1000R sorts out my speed needs :slayer:.

After a lot of research the 100hp looked like the perfect car. I've always had a soft spot for little Fiats. My first car was a 127 in red and my second a 127 Sport in black packing a mighty 75hp :eek: - well, in reality probably about 60 :rolleyes:. I loved that car right upto the point that it got bent by an old lady in a Volvo. It had no chance really.

So I've sort of gone full circle.

A major factor in my decision was the generally positive reviews but particularly the Evo ones. I always thought that they were a bit too complimentary about the Panda and that it just couldn't be THAT much fun. In fairness they got it just about right. Its not perfect but its bl00dy good enough that you forgive all its frailties. Even my missus loves it. She's got a Copen which is great fun and a lot better than you would think but very impractical.

So, in summary, Brilliant Car (y)

By the way, this is a great site. I've already fitted an Aux socket as a result of the info on here. I hope I can help a few people along the way.

Cheers

Slurper ;)

Welcome to the forum Slurper, nice to have you on board.

The 100hp is indeed a great little car for the price, Ive just 'upgraded' to one from an Mjet and its bags of fun as you say.

Like you, over the years Ive owned a couple of small Fiats (still got 3 now!) and there is something a bit unique about them.

Ive been on a couple of different Fiatforum sections over the years and the 'New Panda' section is definitely one of the friendliest and most 'even handed' in my experience.

Ian.

Bl@@dy EVO has a lot to answer for - that magazine has tempted me into a few cars, and like you it's one of the reasons I went to look at a Panda....
It is damn good fun though - have found my commute has been a bit longer of late.

Bl@@dy EVO has a lot to answer for - that magazine has tempted me into a few cars, and like you it's one of the reasons I went to look at a Panda....

Ditto. Still waiting to see how it stacks up against the recent opposition in a group test though. Guess they are too busy driving Lambos and the like - can't say I blame them.

Now I desperately want an R34.R :worship:

Back