General another 100hp over here

Currently reading:
General another 100hp over here

fieldsy

Well, should be here in a week, they had a pre reg red one coming in so nabbed it rather than sit out the 12 weeks wait. The dealer was a bit amused I hadn't even seen it, let alone driven it.

Quick question , although I'm in my mid 30's now, I only recently learned to drive as I previously lived in London and never had any need for or indeed space for a car, I currently have a crappy Fiesta 1.3, is the 100 going to be a bit of a shock? I have a nice winding 10 mile country lane trip to work now and back, and the reviews made the 100 look like a lot of fun for that trip.

ps. the wife has an old Multipla JTD, but I've never driven it. My kids adore it.

cheers and oh, hello all.

:)

Last edited:
:D enjoy...i took delivery on 16 th of august...yes the suspension is hard,on some local roads i get the dreaded pogo. (my daughter at 1 point took of and hit the roof )but it goes round corners on rails.
not a lot happens below 3000 rpm,but lights up at 4000.i,m still taking it easy,just over 600 miles on clock.i have taken it up to 5000 a couple of times,big grin. the great thing is most drivers are not clued up about the 100 hp,when it takes of,priceless.
good job you dont live in london,it cant cope with speed bumps or raised ramps,i used to live in camden town.i dont think i would keep it if i lived in central london.build quality is excellent,well screwed together,and if you look under bonnet lot of bosch kit.
you dont have to a young either,i have just turned 54,the other good point is insurance,group 5. i have got full comp with a £150 excess for £336 with axa,arranged by quote line direct.
:p

Wow twilight zone. I'm also in my mid thirties, taking test soon (never needed a car when I lived in central london), just bought a Red HP100 without test driving (obviously as no license!) or even seeing it.... currently learning on a Seicento - wondering if (hoping) it's going to be a bit of a shock also.

I figured that if I was going to get a car at last - I may as well get something a little more unique, and which is fun.

Everything I read about the car seemed to tick all the boxes....

Shame I couldn't find a pre-reg one with sunroof and 'handles'. So I have the 8 week wait.....

yep...i couldnt wait,my local fart dealer had a pre reg 07 in grey,got a good p/ex on my 55 eleganza and saved about £1400 on list..plus cheap insurance,no contest...:p

Same here - picked up a pre-reg 07 Grey for £1500 below list and managed to get over the Glass guide price for my part-ex. I looked around the net to get the best pre-reg deal and the colour I wanted so had to travel an hour, but picked it up ten days after initially visiting the showroom. Up to 550 miles now and very pleased with it:D

I currently have a crappy Fiesta 1.3

Well it'll certainly be a lot better than that:D
10 mile winding country road commute? some people have all the luck:D

cheers for the replies, dealers says it'll probably rock up this week, which is pretty good. Looking forward to it, my route to work really is fairly empty B roads in the sticks from Bexhill to Battle, be a while since I looked forward to going into work :)

:D

Wow twilight zone. I'm also in my mid thirties, taking test soon (never needed a car when I lived in central london), just bought a Red HP100 without test driving (obviously as no license!) or even seeing it.... currently learning on a Seicento - wondering if (hoping) it's going to be a bit of a shock also.

I figured that if I was going to get a car at last - I may as well get something a little more unique, and which is fun.

Everything I read about the car seemed to tick all the boxes....

Shame I couldn't find a pre-reg one with sunroof and 'handles'. So I have the 8 week wait.....

let me know how you go with the insurance, £400 was the cheapest I could get from M&S.

regarding insurance..try quote line direct...i was getting some very silly prices nearer the £500 mark.0870 444 0870. you might be surprised.my q was £336 with a £150 excess.well worth a try....

regarding insurance..try quote line direct...i was getting some very silly prices nearer the £500 mark.0870 444 0870. you might be surprised.my q was £336 with a £150 excess.well worth a try....

before I fill out a million questions on their site, have you been driving a while and have some no claims? I've only been on the road 6 months. :)

:cool: hi...yes to that..have held a full licence for 34 years..BUT..i have mostly been driving company cars and mini cabs..only 1 years no claims..most wanted to treat me as a new driver,wot a laugh.
try ringing quoteline,you may be surprised.:D

my car has finally arrvied at the dealership, hooray.

We'll deliver it Tuesday, less of a hooray :( why's it taking them 5 or 6 days to 'prepare the car'. what are they preparing it for, a visit from the pope?

we rang them back, pointed out we still had to pay them the balance. It's arriving today :)

yes, brilliant. My 6 year old keeps saying, "make it do the vrooooom noise again" He absolutely adores it.

Back