annual pay increases

Currently reading:
annual pay increases

jug

blessed are the apostates
has anyone else got thier annual pay increase lately?

if you have, what is your employer increasing it by this year?

we've been given a 3.3% increase, which doesnt sound like much but it pays for a years insurance, tax and MOT on my car so i guess i should be grateful.

thats the problem, our pay is supposed to be increased in line with inflation based on the RPIX, but 3.3% doesnt even cover that.

i try not to think about it like that, but in real terms i'm getting paid less than i was before you even consider house prices.

Bloody posties ;) I don't get a pay rise as I am a fixed contract ending in 6 weeks :) Pay awards in my company were £500 bonus for all and between 0 and 5% depending on performance.

I thought when you take into consider all the pay award, on average it is a pay rise? But what I don't like about that is that a bonus is only paid once, not a compound increase...

i think you're right to strike against a 2.5% offer, everyone deserves at least the RPIX inflation amount, otherwise you are having your pay cut.

i think you're right to strike against a 2.5% offer, everyone deserves at least the RPIX inflation amount, otherwise you are having your pay cut.

i voted against the strike however as a union member will be out.
not worth the grief of going in ;)
however the hype RM is using on this is pure hyperbole.
we have made massive savings over the last couple of years and its comes to a point where it has to be addressed.

I got 3% in Jan so have been worse off (especially as I am now repaying my mortgage at a higher interest rate). However, I am being promoted from July 1st with a £5k/c.10% rise so it could be worse :). No bonus for last year though :(, but this year is looking good so fingers crossed for next March(my business is like that good year, bad year, good year etc...)

Lots of people leaving too and not being replaced imminently so there are fewer people in the bonus pot so each share *should* be bigger :rolleyes: (plus another inflation level rise in Jan I guess).

Back