Annoying people on the phone!!

Currently reading:
Annoying people on the phone!!

If a company really **** me off, i don't call them on my high horse. Because I know that won't help the situation. I got a tenner compo for the phone calls when i was last greived

Hehe...I usually prefer putting my complaints in plain written english. I hate phone-grovellers!!

I love the other side of it, when you know you're right and the person in the call centre is wrong.

(Not what you're thinking - another smart arse customer - lol!)

It's only happened a couple of times in a big way, once was for nigh on a grand on my mortgage. Advisor on phone got really stroppy, telling me several times I was wrong, and should stop and listen to him - which I did. Three times.
Then I calmly explained my end of the story again, but finally he listened this time. When it FINALLY dawned on him that it was his company, The Halifax, that buggered it all up I nearly wet my pants.
He was so humble and apologetic it was great. Whenever I have a difference of opinions with people, I don't raise my voice or get the 'wronged teenager' tone. I know I do sarcasm on email sometimes, but it's a bit different face to face or on thew phone.

Also, for those of you that don't like telesales, register with

http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/

They cut out 99% of marketing calls. Fantastic :D
'specially for us shift workers.

Back