General Angel Tuning remap for my 100hp

Currently reading:
General Angel Tuning remap for my 100hp

I've sent them an email to see if they can send it out and if it can be uploaded at home via laptop.

No one interested?

Bit of a trek though ain't it !! ? And is it one of those cheap plug and play things and not tailored to each engine, if it's the cheapy, not worth the money as the gains can't be measured without a RR session.

Yeh it is a bit of a trek but i have asked them if it can be sent out and uploaded via laptop at home, still awaiting reply. No it's not a 'tuning box' as far as i'm aware, it is probably a generic remap as that is what most remaps are unless you go custom which i would do but havwent found anywhere who will do it.

I don't understand why the 100HP's ECU is so hard to crack, why why why????

A 10% increase in power and torque is okay for £300 [plus expenses] is reasonable enough. However, is it worth it?

Do you extract all of the exisiting available performance all of the time? If track days are your thing, from experience, tyres will give the single largest improvement.

I realise that I am revisiting the Should I Modify a Panda? topic, but if you want real performance, sell the car and buy a used RenaultSport Clio, Honda Integra Type-R, Mitsubishi Evo, etc. One of my toys was an Evo 2 - £3k and 300bhp, 4WD, no driver aids = fun.

I've got 18 months (feels like forever) until I pay the car off. Then I think I will just buy a faster car, so don't really think it's worth spending the money on a remap, well for me anyway. I'm very much hoping I can afford an FD2. We'll see.

A 10% increase in power and torque is okay for £300 [plus expenses] is reasonable enough. However, is it worth it?

Do you extract all of the exisiting available performance all of the time? If track days are your thing, from experience, tyres will give the single largest improvement.

I realise that I am revisiting the Should I Modify a Panda? topic, but if you want real performance, sell the car and buy a used RenaultSport Clio, Honda Integra Type-R, Mitsubishi Evo, etc. One of my toys was an Evo 2 - £3k and 300bhp, 4WD, no driver aids = fun.

Well i am trying to get as much as i can out of the panda without spending silly money. I will be doing more track days in the panda but it also has to cart the little one about so thats why i need the five doors. All my other cars have been quite fast cars, but they drink fuel. Thats why i got the panda, cheap to run and it's a hoot to drive. I'm just trying to make it a more envolving drive and i want to extract as much power out of it with out it costing a an arm and a leg.

For all the MPG camp, a remap CAN increase your MPG figure so it's not all about all out performance.

I timed a 100HP with a BMC CDA and remap on youtube doing a 0-60 and it was around 8 secs but it took a further 1 sec to get up to 70mph.

Now i've timed my car 0-60 and its around the same time (8secs) but it took a further 3.5 secs to get to 70mph.

2.5sec gain over 10mph is pretty impressive in my books.

if it was my money i would want a lot more detail before spending it, if some of the well respected proper tuners cant even get into the ecu bit, its strange how a doorstep mapper can

Yeh that is what i'm concerned about but why would they list it?

I can see your point of view with regard to needing a frugal, fun, five-door car. So...

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1674763.htm

From personal experience, the ATR is a great all-rounder, being relatively quick on track and then very comfortable on the journey home with five people on board.

If you have to keep the Panda, invest in some cut slicks and corner quicker - as you know already, that's where the fun is!

I can see your point of view with regard to needing a frugal, fun, five-door car. So...

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1674763.htm

From personal experience, the ATR is a great all-rounder, being relatively quick on track and then very comfortable on the journey home with five people on board.

If you have to keep the Panda, invest in some cut slicks and corner quicker - as you know already, that's where the fun is!

LPG is ok but not every garage sell it.

i know for a fact that lowering springs will get rid of the inside wheel spinning (as we found out as castle combe), less body roll means less likey to lift the inside wheel meaning more tyre to road contact, semi slicks are good in the dry but i still have to drive the little one around and its not something i'd chance just incase it rains.

Ive only had my 100HP for a month or so but I know I will be ready for more power in a few years. I dont see the point in tuning it as I have a warranty for 3 years anyway for a start. In the end I will just buy a faster car like an Abarth 500. I think in the long run if you want something faster its better to just buy a faster car than modifying the one you have.

I would also like to know why the 100HP ecu seems so difficult to crack.

Don't agree with putting stickier rubber on. Sure you'll corner faster but it'll be no fun at all. It has too much in grip in some ways as standard!

Lauren - I thought that this would be your response and for track days, I tend to agree. However, robjnr wants more power which appears to suggest that he wishes to lap quicker, rather than to increase the fun factor. Hence my tyre suggestion.

Personally, I find cornering quicker [from increased tyre grip if necessary] to be good fun too!

robjnr - I'm not suggesting that you run semi-slicks on the road. Buy a second set of lightweight [Team Dynamics, Speedline, etc.] wheels and use them for track work.

Lauren - I thought that this would be your response and for track days, I tend to agree. However, robjnr wants more power which appears to suggest that he wishes to lap quicker, rather than to increase the fun factor. Hence my tyre suggestion.

Personally, I find cornering quicker [from increased tyre grip if necessary] to be good fun too!

robjnr - I'm not suggesting that you run semi-slicks on the road. Buy a second set of lightweight [Team Dynamics, Speedline, etc.] wheels and use them for track work.
That would mean I'd have to tow a trailer to fit the spare wheels on and I don't want to be doing that. To be honest I am having more fun in the panda than I did in my Leon cupra tfsi, it's all about the grin factor, and surprising people.

Back