General Angel tuning for Abarth....

Currently reading:
General Angel tuning for Abarth....

wizgti

Can anybody whose had the upgrade for the abarth please post/PM me their experiences.

How much it cost?/What kind of increases they've had, BHP/Torque/real world driving?

What I'm really looking for is a really good increase in the 50-90 zone as overtaking seems to be really slow!

Thanks
Andrew

wizgti said:
Can anybody whose had the upgrade for the abarth please post/PM me their experiences.

How much it cost?/What kind of increases they've had, BHP/Torque/real world driving?

What I'm really looking for is a really good increase in the 50-90 zone as overtaking seems to be really slow!

Thanks
Andrew
50-90 is one of the better ranges for the Abarth so maybe you have a problem ?
Anyway, i haven't had mine done yet, but the price is something like £500 with the remap and CDA and BHP gains are 15bhp for the remap alone and an extra 5bhp with the CDA.

KoArAnG said:
50-90 is one of the better ranges for the Abarth so maybe you have a problem ?
Anyway, i haven't had mine done yet, but the price is something like £500 with the remap and CDA and BHP gains are 15bhp for the remap alone and an extra 5bhp with the CDA.

I've always found it a little bit slow since I bought the car- but then I did come from a 300bhp car! I'll speak to Nige since there only seemsto be positive responses. Thanks for all your replies guys.

Ta
Andrew

Stilo Multijet 140bhp said:
So what did you used to drive wizgti??????????

Pulsar GTIR (proper one - not a kevved up knackered shed) - I know it's not to everyones taste but I loved it and it used to absolutley fly!

But got fed up with being pulled by the police for 'routine' checks and with a 2 kids I had to get a family car!

I love my Stilo, just miss the dynamics of having a turbo - the kick in the back when it kicked in!

Thanks
Andrew

dave said:
dunno why stu not posted here, must have missed it, he had his stilo 2.4 (and another car) done by angel tuning as well and is very pleased, also i had my punto done by them and also very pleased (y)
Here I am - didn't miss thread, just didn't have time to reply properly.

Got mine angelled, along with a CDA as well. Definitely worth, brings down the 0-60 time and increased midrange torque.

I am a bit concerned you are finding it sluggish 50-90 - are you driving it in manual or automatic [presume you got selespeed] - what gear is this is, should be 3rd?!

Stuart DemonD said:
Here I am - didn't miss thread, just didn't have time to reply properly.

Got mine angelled, along with a CDA as well. Definitely worth, brings down the 0-60 time and increased midrange torque.

I am a bit concerned you are finding it sluggish 50-90 - are you driving it in manual or automatic [presume you got selespeed] - what gear is this is, should be 3rd?!

Yeah selespeed in manual in 3rd - always pretty much rev it up till it auto changes even though it doesn't even touch the red line. Might get it checked out but 0-50ish from a standstill is good just when overtaking something going 50 or 60 seems sluggish - any ideas?

Thanks
Andrew

wizgti said:
Yeah selespeed in manual in 3rd - always pretty much rev it up till it auto changes even though it doesn't even touch the red line.

Thanks
Andrew

I think you've got a problem mate as it shouldn't autochange in manual. The gearbox(you probably know this) is a genuine sequential manual but with a robot clutch "a'la" alfa 156. So whilst in manual mode it should never autochange!

bennyboy said:
I think you've got a problem mate as it shouldn't autochange in manual. The gearbox(you probably know this) is a genuine sequential manual but with a robot clutch "a'la" alfa 156. So whilst in manual mode it should never autochange!
Mine autochanges in manual; nail it from standstill, and when it redlines in each gear, it will change up.....

Yep - took mine to a race track a couple of months ago. Took it to the red line in manual and it changed up - to protect itself I guess. I imagine it might do the same thing if you are going too slowly in a higher gear - change down that is....

it changes in manual , how come you havent noticed ?

Ity certainly does changes up and down even in manual mode! Up just before the redline in my wagon and down before the revs drop too low. It changes down later in manual than in auto mode, saves worrying about engaging 1st at roundabout etc. Tends to only go down into 1st if you actually stop for a second or so.

Its great you can nail it coming out the tolls at the dartford tunnel and just let the car change up for you, its like a mini drag strip.

As for sluggish at 50mph tends to need to be in 4th or pref. 3rd at those speeds to get good acceleration, in 5th you'll be turning over 2000rpm which is well below the powerband....kicks in about 3000rpm and hits peak torque at 3500rpm. There are some definate points in the rev range when the power moves up a gear.

Back