General Angel Tuning- Angels indeed.

Currently reading:
General Angel Tuning- Angels indeed.

T14086 said:
What I ment Phil was you can compare the software numbers on.....hmmmm I have said too much me thinks;)
Basically who ever done Bozzys car updated the ecu unknowingly it was previously mapped.

That's right, as soon as I went into reception they informed me that there was a recall outstanding that required an ECU update. They were not looking to see what was on it, just to update it. Good service really if you think about it.

T14086, as I didn't have my warranty booklet with me they couldn't enter it in the service/recall records. Going back Monday for the pulley wheel change and they will do it then. Can't remember the recall code but will let you know soon.

There is a lot of myth and rumour spread about dealers remapping new cars automatically, usually spread by people who do not actually do this kind of work themselves.

We do a large number of new cars for both dealerships (i.e. pre delivery) and importers and its very rare for vehicles to be auto mapped at services. We know the guys at Merc better than any as one of our guys is ex Merc of 11 years.

Bozzy's is the 2nd Stilo thats had an update that we have had in and the first time we have had one that had been mapped previously by us. We get this occasionally on Kia's and have had it on 1 BMW, and as we do over 100 cars per month, thats not a very high percentage! Seat and Audi were meant to be doing the "auto mapping" but talking to the main dealership we work for they tell us its never done, nor have they a directive to do so. We also know from Alfa/Fiat that they can't tell its been done as the software number does not change and is not recognised by Examiner.

We have a policy (and I think its on the website) that if your car is returned to standard by a dealership, we will return it to modified for free, we just request a contribution ot the travel if we come to you. I think most top tuning companies would do the same.

my remap was over written by fiat at the 24k service last year, a quick call to angel tuning and the remap was put back on within days.

on my 36k service it wasn't toched, but i expect on the 48k one it will be over written again as it states in the service list to check for new updates (well something written like that)

Stuart DemonD said:
All very interesting - I have no idea if mine is on or not now :chin:

Maybe there is a way of checking it Stu ask Nige :chin:

One thing that concerns me slightly is that Fiat (for whatever reason) decide a remap is required.

If the ECU is then remapped back to it's original high performance map then presumably the changes made by Fiat are lost.

Does anyone actually know what the original remap by Fiat was for and, if they do, is it possible to incorporate some of these changes into the high performance map?

Argonought said:
One thing that concerns me slightly is that Fiat (for whatever reason) decide a remap is required.

If the ECU is then remapped back to it's original high performance map then presumably the changes made by Fiat are lost.

Does anyone actually know what the original remap by Fiat was for and, if they do, is it possible to incorporate some of these changes into the high performance map?

Will find out tomorrow what the update was for. I have to go back to have a pulley wheel sorted and they will tell me then what the update was. A single parameter of change was the reason??

Back