General Angel Tuning- Angels indeed.

Currently reading:
General Angel Tuning- Angels indeed.

You may know that my JTD went into the stealers yesterday and came out minus the re-map :(

I contacted AngelTuning yesterday to re-book it in for the same treatment. Despite my offer to come to them they turned up at my place of work today at 5.30 PM and re-mapped it for the price of a drink. Nige refused a damned good bung despite my insistence for him to take it.

What fantastic customer service, if you ever get the opportunity for some tuning work then try these guys, service like this is hard to come by.

Thanks again Nige, really appreciated. (y)

After reading this it makes me wonder if a remap is worth the effort cos every time the car goes in for work you will be worrying whether or not the remap is going to be wiped :bang:

PNL said:
After reading this it makes me wonder if a remap is worth the effort cos every time the car goes in for work you will be worrying whether or not the remap is going to be wiped :bang:

Good to see ya bac mate (y)

Yeah, i was thinking the exact same thing anyone know what cars the recall is for? Is it just the JTD?

Plus the remap is less noticable in the petrol as in its only a 10/12bhp gain so isn't as obvious noticable as 40bhp! But im sure you would be able to tell though :mad:

Im questioning is it worth spending the cash now :bang:

Hi Rob hope you are keeping OK mate with this Remap issue that has now come to light it concerns me that every time our cars go in to a Fiat dealers with a possibility of the car ending up on a examiner and the remap being deleted its gonna get bloody expensive getting it remapped every time :bang:

dave said:
simple realy, take it to one dealers for a service and say dont touch the ecu it dont need no up dates as its special.
for warenty work take it to another dealer

Sounds good in theory Dave but not in reality they may at any time put your car on the examiner to check for fault codes possibly find the remap and not recognising the program DELEAT it :bang: its a bugger but could so easily happen :( Hello to you and Mrs.D by the way (y)

In the future this might be a general problem when going on the diagnostics/servicing. But then you do not need to go to a dealer for the servicing in the warranty time as long as a recogmised garage undertakes it with original parts.

Oldschool said:
In the future this might be a general problem when going on the diagnostics/servicing. But then you do not need to go to a dealer for the servicing in the warranty time as long as a recogmised garage undertakes it with original parts.

:woot: Hello Peter hope you are well is everything going OK with the induction kits for the stilo will have to have a good chat with you about this remap issue thats come up (y)

dave said:
simple realy, take it to one dealers for a service and say dont touch the ecu it dont need no up dates as its special.
for warenty work take it to another dealer

Correct Dave.....plus nobody takes any notice of software numbers etc...just not interested unless under certain circumstances.All really interested in is curing the fault & not many software updates for Fiats compared to other manufacturers anyway.

Bozzy I was joking by the way;) What was the update for?

T14086 said:
Correct Dave.....plus nobody takes any notice of software numbers etc...just not interested unless under certain circumstances.All really interested in is curing the fault & not many software updates for Fiats compared to other manufacturers anyway.

Bozzy I was joking by the way;) What was the update for?

Well if they dont take any notice of the soft ware Numbers how come then it happen they deleted banana mans [bozzy]:)

PNL said:
:woot: Hello Peter hope you are well is everything going OK with the induction kits for the stilo will have to have a good chat with you about this remap issue thats come up (y)

Induction comes closer to finishing.

Regarding the map.

The industries seem to change here. The new Mercedes' are overwritten any time you service them. Other manufacturers do that too. This is not only to update but also to overcome the problems associated with corrupted maps, which seem to be on the increase.

Oldschool said:
Induction comes closer to finishing.

Regarding the map.

The industries seem to change here. The new Mercedes' are overwritten any time you service them. Other manufacturers do that too. This is not only to update but also to overcome the problems associated with corrupted maps, which seem to be on the increase.

I want the live remap done with the induction kit so as long as I do my own servicing and tell Fiat the remap has been done I shouldnt have a problem should I they will have to be told it has been done any time my car has to go on the examiner so alls good mate (y) keep me informed of your progress with the induction and we will then arrange for me to pay you a visit (y)

Back