General Android aftermarket radio flashing ODO

Currently reading:
General Android aftermarket radio flashing ODO

VonNickstein

Hi all, we've got ourselves an Android Headunit as replacement for the stock radio to support apple carplay in the fiat 500 year 2010.
Now everything works as expected, canbus is integrated in the android unit as well as I can see on the screen when the doors are open.

But... the mileage in the ODO is flashing.
I tried proxi alignment procedure, that says radio is removed and Entertainment Telematic Node (ETM) is added.
So executed proxi alignment, got a timeout on the ETM (guess because this is atermarket. Now proxi alignment says all is fine though, but mileage is still flashing.

The headunit comes with a canbus box of HiWorld that allows me to set to Fiat Doblo, 500L, etc, but nothing works.
Any ideas how I can get rid of this flashing mileage? Any experience with android aftermarket radio's?

Perhaps somebody with canbus experience can help me out here.
I've concluded the following:

- As soon as the android aftermarket is fitted, the car recognizes an ETM system and therefor the mileage starts flashing
- I cannot proxi align because the aftermarket unit does not allow to be written to, even though proxy align tells me it's OK after performing.
- When I remove the canbus box from the radio, the car no longer sees the radio as an ETM device and flashing stopts, but the radio does not turn on because ignition power is feed via the canbus box to 12v.

What if I remove the entire canbus box, and not have the steering wheel controls, would there be a good chance of a working radio with direct 12v ignition feed and without flashing mileage?
Or is there alternatives? Some peeps out here with other harnesses that are supposed to work? I've read something about connects2 harness that sohuld work fine.

I’m a bit confused 🤔 canbus box?
I use graded my 2011 with a pioneer touchscreen back during the first lockdown I bought it from Halfords & I already had a kit that included the connects2 steering wheel interface
A double din facia & the correct cable connection for a pioneer to 500

I disconnected the blue & me unit (behind passenger rear quarter) and then ran a proxy as the minute I disconnected the blue & me module my mileage was flashing
My proxi worked absolutely fine as does my head unit & steering wheel controls

I’m a bit confused 🤔 canbus box?
I use graded my 2011 with a pioneer touchscreen back during the first lockdown I bought it from Halfords & I already had a kit that included the connects2 steering wheel interface
A double din facia & the correct cable connection for a pioneer to 500

I disconnected the blue & me unit (behind passenger rear quarter) and then ran a proxy as the minute I disconnected the blue & me module my mileage was flashing
My proxi worked absolutely fine as does my head unit & steering wheel controls
With canbus box I’m referring to the box and harness that goes in between the radio iso connector (16 pin) and radio to support canbus features such as open door, steering wheel, etc.
But the issue with the box is that according to MES the car thinks an ETM is installed and mileage goes flashing. Proxi aligment works well but times out on ETM cause its not really there.
Without this box the mileage does not flash but prevents the radio from turning on because the on signal is filtered from canbus with the box.

Yeah no idea 🤷‍♀️ my head unit does nothing when I open the door 😂 like I said earlier mine was more or less plug n play I just have the interface so I can use my steering wheel controls like intended

Yeah no idea 🤷‍♀️ my head unit does nothing when I open the door 😂 like I said earlier mine was more or less plug n play I just have the interface so I can use my steering wheel controls like intended
AFAIK steering controls go over the canbus, so it's the same idea as opening doors.

@John202020 what's the difference? Why's the question?
Generally the major manufacturers have already sorted compatibility with "most" car systems using an adapter where required sometimes generic 'unbranded in the general sense ' have more compatiilty issues whilst they may seem great value installation can be more problematic?

Sorry for bringing old thread up.. VonNickstein, are you 100% sure that odo stops blinking when canbus box is unplugged? if so, running 12v switched to android unit from fuse box would turn on/off radio without an issue.. steering wheel controls could be obtained with connects2 steering wheel stalk and rear view camera would work if wire from reverse light would be connected to back wire on android headunit..
I have one Fiat 500 with flashing odo as well 😅

noup, proxy aligment will not fix this.. problem is that android headunits have canbus box that reads car data (when doors are open, when car is in reverse, board computer, outdoor temperature etc) and fiat 500 sees that box as etm and proxy aligment just skips that because data can not be written in canbus box.. as for now, there is no fix for odo flashing with android headunit.. I have tried to remove factory radio and blue n me module from car configuration but that is not possible with fiat vehicles, what is configured in factory can not be removed or some other module can not be added.. i have tried shitload of stuff but i never tried to unplug canbus box, do the proxy and see what will happen with odo.. so, if someone could confirm if odo stops flashing when canbus box is unplugged, that would be great 😊

So i got this problem on a android head unit for my punto 2012 after the battery died, before that no blinking odometer. So i went trying and when unplugging the canbus box doing proxy alignment and then plugging in again it worked till the next reboot. Then i stumbled on the car settings option in the android unit where other cars have more settings and options there i only had one option that said something about try option to fix problem of blinking with options named one two and three. So went to try those options and they changed the proxy alignment between etm module normal radio module and no radio. I think it was the option of no radio and then doing a proxy alignment that solved the problem. Well at least this was just today maybe tomorrow it is broken again maybe not. Also the blue and me system that is still plugged in gives some errors when reading but none of them let the odometer blink.

Back