Technical And welcome back to Stilo ownership.

Currently reading:
Technical And welcome back to Stilo ownership.

Muppet1

Springer Mad!!
And so it begins,

2 faults that I know of,

Headlight motor running all the time.

No air to screen or foot well and constant whirring from inside.

So from that I deduce I need some modules and these white clip things to sort out the dual zone climate control and a Headlight motor as well.

Plus I need to get the lead set so I can at least read and fix the codes.

Lol I must be a sucker for punishment.

And so it begins,

2 faults that I know of,

Headlight motor running all the time.

No air to screen or foot well and constant whirring from inside.

So from that I deduce I need some modules and these white clip things to sort out the dual zone climate control and a Headlight motor as well.

Plus I need to get the lead set so I can at least read and fix the codes.

Lol I must be a sucker for punishment.

You've remembered what a nice car it was .. - for the money..;)

And a glow plug fault now too. Just as well I have ordered some leads to read the fault codes as I think there are going to be a few.

Stick with it - the first few weeks are the hardest :)

I remember in the first two weeks replacing a steering column, a MAF sensor, a battery - and then a rubber pipe behind the engine, soaked in oil, literally went POP and sprayed out all the coolant just after getting home from the MAF replacement which was when I was on the way to buy the battery. Each trip was either a trip for parts or a trip to discover a new problem. I really did wonder whether it would ever function as a car.

Then comes several years trouble-free until, one day, lots will happen at once - overheating, electrical problems, water pump, slipped cambelt, all at once - so then it's time for the 167,436km service interval (several days or weeks), and probably happy motoring after that... based on my experience and hopes...

-Alex

Oh I shall stick with it, For the money I can't think of a nicer looking estate for the money. I stuck with the last one for 5 years so this one will be a keeper too.

Back