And for the lovers of irony !

Currently reading:
And for the lovers of irony !

Even so, over £700 on a meal for two :eek: WTF
That bloke really is taking the P, big time. Just because he's on telly, he's robbing people.
Mind you, that old adage "a fool and his money are soon parted", spend that kind of cash on a bit of grub & you deserve everything you get.
I wouldn't care but all this fancy cooking, it's all mucked about with & undercooked then the 'chef' spends half his time pushing it around the plate with his fingers.
No thanks.

It's an idiot tax. Charge them £700 and give them micro-chips and fish fingers and they'd tell you how amazing it is.

It's not a shame that people are handing over £700 for this crap, but it is a shame is that the money goes to such a pillock.

They could have bought an amazing meal for £50-£100 and given the rest to a more worthy cause.

Or they could have followed our route and planted £3-worth of seeds and had loads of amazingly flavoured veg and herbs. Cooked to perfection of course.

Whenever I hear about restaurants like Blumenthal's I think of L'Idiot in the film LA Story.

It's an idiot tax. Charge them £700 and give them micro-chips and fish fingers and they'd tell you how amazing it is.

It's not a shame that people are handing over £700 for this crap, but it is a shame is that the money goes to such a pillock.

They could have bought an amazing meal for £50-£100 and given the rest to a more worthy cause.

Or they could have followed our route and planted £3-worth of seeds and had loads of amazingly flavoured veg and herbs. Cooked to perfection of course.

i want self cooking plant seeds.

i want self cooking plant seeds.

Salad is ready to eat. Try radishes if you really can't be bothered. Chuck seeds in ground, wait 3 weeks then pull out radishes, rinse, chop, chuck in sarnies with whatever you were having anyway. Enjoy the fresh peppery goodness.

Probably too late this year now though.

Ms Drake, a deputy head teacher from Ilfracombe, Devon, said she had spent more than £700 for dinner for two as a birthday surprise for her husband.

And teachers still moan about poor pay and their work load!? lol

Tom

Don't start a debate on teachers' pay, sparked by Mrs Drake's extravagant meal - you'll have them flapping about! Sorry - couldn't resist :D

Salad is ready to eat. Try radishes if you really can't be bothered. Chuck seeds in ground, wait 3 weeks then pull out radishes, rinse, chop, chuck in sarnies with whatever you were having anyway. Enjoy the fresh peppery goodness.

Probably too late this year now though.

can't do that, even if i wanted to :( i've got a dog that eats everything that grows in the garden :ROFLMAO:. even stuff that was supposed to be poisonous to dogs.

Back