General An afternoons work

Currently reading:
General An afternoons work

The sun was out and it seemed like a good day to attend to a couple of things on Mandapanda's to do list:

- Fit front fog lights to bull bar
- Fit nice leather Cinq Sporting steering wheel - £10 from breakers in
Purfleet, Essex
- Sort out Stereo so I-Pod can be played in car
- And a good wax to finish off.

Here's the finished pictures . . . .

Attachments

• 2007_0211Image0019.JPG
    2007_0211Image0019.JPG
    486.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 2007_0211Image0016.JPG
    2007_0211Image0016.JPG
    480.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 2007_0211Image0018 (2).JPG
    2007_0211Image0018 (2).JPG
    324.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 2007_0211Image0017.JPG
    2007_0211Image0017.JPG
    481.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Looking good, where did you get your floor mats?

Cheers.

Got them ages ago in a place called no frills. Bit like pound world but posher lol. Think they were something stupid like £3 for the set of 4.

What ever they are they were the sort of lights we was after as they suit Manda and they fitted straight onto the bull bars. Wired them into the main beem so using them as driving lights. :D

Yeah the wheel does make a big difference and as it's leather it has that plush sort of feel lol.

Just came back from a 200 mile round trip to the coast so we could test the lights in the dark. As the frosties tiger says in the advert..... They are grrrreat. (y)

She is doing us proud. Might have to get the screen replaced or repaired as she had a chip that's just starting to grow. Will worry about that next month. :confused:

What ever they are they were the sort of lights we was after as they suit Manda and they fitted straight onto the bull bars. Wired them into the main beem so using them as driving lights. :D

Have you used a relay in fitting the spot lights?

Car looks good! Just to let you know though, those are 'spot' lights you've fitted and NOT 'fog' lights ;)

Genuine question here (just don't know if it sound like I'm saying otherwise as I really don't know, lol.) Just what is the difference? On the 750L I had road lead 'Cruse' lights, but everyone was saying you can't use them because they're below the bumper and classed as 'fog lamps'. Are they right?

And are the lights on my Panda's grille 'Spot' lights then? If so when should these be used? As I've just got them connected to the Main beam like mandapanda.

Hi Who knows :confused: LOL.

The box said Ring Fog Driving Lights. It would make sense if low mounted lights are for fog use and those above for use as driving lights. We use ours as driving lights as Mandapanda spends a lot of time hacking thru country lanes on her escapes from London.

I guess yours are probably driving lights - and for flashing other panda's (y)

:rolleyes:

Fog lights have a distinct wide spread pattern like a wide angle lens.

Driving lamps have a much narrower & intense beam to project the light forward well beyond the range of your headlights or main beam.

Where they are positioned doesn't change them, fog lights are normally low down so the wide pattern is projected onto the road & kerb directly in front of the car.

:rolleyes:

Fog lights have a distinct wide spread pattern like a wide angle lens.

Driving lamps have a much narrower & intense beam to project the light forward well beyond the range of your headlights or main beam.

Where they are positioned doesn't change them, fog lights are normally low down so the wide pattern is projected onto the road & kerb directly in front of the car.

:yeahthat:

Thanks Alan for clarifying before I did!

Just to add, fog lights are restricted in use in terms of visibility. They are meant to illuminate the road immediately in front of you hence being situated low down in the bumper. This also reduces reflected glare when used in fog. Basically, if visibility is poor and you can't see beyond a certain distance - I think it's 50 yards (i.e. fog), only THEN can you legally use fog lights. If visibility is above this then you can't use them. This covers both front and rear fog lights.

Spot lights/ driving lights are normally wired into the main beam/ full beam circuit. They are used when you want the maximum amount of light to illuminate the road far ahead of you, such as an unlit country lane. They are covered by the same regulations as full/ main beam.

Technically fitting fog lights to use as driving lights is a bit pointless as the beam pattern is not designed to illuminate far ahead of the car. However, you should be able to change the lenses to spot light spec. as most fog and spot lights use the same lamp body but with different lenses.

They do look great on the Panda though, gives it a more purposeful and chunky look (y)

Back