General amplifier wiring ?

Currently reading:
General amplifier wiring ?

simo101

Loves his Cinq!!
hey guys!

so today bought a sub and amp for my 97 cinq and havent the foggiest on how to wire it up...
so if anyone can help it would be much appreciated as id rather do it myself with guidance from others as opposed to pay halfords 50 squid! or anyone else money for that matter haha i worked too hard for it!

Ok so I'm not 100% sure but have a look in the engine bay behind the engine (maybe even from below) search for small rubber grommits on the fire wall iirc there should be one near the drivers side footwell somewhere, I fitted the power cable for mine inside the inner arch liner then into the car via the car to door loom then up the side to the boot there may be other options that somebody can help you with as I own a sei not a cinq

Ok so I'm not 100% sure but have a look in the engine bay behind the engine (maybe even from below) search for small rubber grommits on the fire wall iirc there should be one near the drivers side footwell somewhere, I fitted the power cable for mine inside the inner arch liner then into the car via the car to door loom then up the side to the boot there may be other options that somebody can help you with as I own a sei not a cinq

On my cinq, to get the power from the battery to the amp, I ran the cable through a small hole on the passenger side, behind the cardboardy stuff in the engine bay (dont know what its actually called), then it come out behind the dash which meant needing 3 arms to feed it through, grab from under the carpet in the passenger foot well and also trying to find it behind the speaker thats in the dash, then you can take out the plastic strips that run where the doors go, these just unclip then run it under the rear seats and into the boot, then do the same for the RCA wires and the remote wire but they come out from behind the stereo which is a lot easier

Edit, then just follow this guide to connect everything up https://www.fiatforum.com/ice-guides/244024-how-wire-subwoofer-amplifier-fiat-punto.html

Last edited:
thats great guys thanks for your help! might get up early and do it before work!

Right I have just got round to fitting the sub but everything was going fine until I had to connect the remote wire? HOW is this done?

Blue wire on the back of the cd player some are blue and white either that or bridge the +ve from the anp to the remote ONLY TEMP tho as it will leave the amp on constantly even with cd player off and will drain ur battery eventually :)

Lee

cheers for that dude eventually got it wired up... went out and bought a new head unit to make life easier haha my head unit had one rca by one rca i mean instead of a white and red rca it just had a green haha and no remote wire... so i bought a brand new sony xplode headunit for 90 squid form halfords it was half price as well and its a cracking peice of kit!

Nice one, glad all went well for ya in the end get some piccys up of your sound system :)

Lee

will do buddy! just got to finish it off first mind :L but thats not gunna be for a while got tax and mot coming up and neeed to sort a few things out for mot... IT ALL COMES AT ONCE AAHHHH

Back