Technical Amp power lead fitting (Sei)

Currently reading:
Technical Amp power lead fitting (Sei)

Righto, stripped the car out so no carpet, centre console or side trim bits.

I have a little search on here and found that there's a grommet in the bulkhead by the pedals that can be used.

So there's 2 grommets available, one has some wire coming through it already, the other (which looked ideal) has metal behind it!

I need to run 0 guage (ie, massive) cable through the car so I don't think "grommit 1" will be big enough.

If someone could shed some light for numpty balls here :D

Or if you want to do it more professionally use one of these http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=7664 the £6.17 one, very easy to use and leaves a better edge to the hole so if the grommit comes off it stands less chance of cutting into cable.

Or for a range of sizes http://www.lawson-his.co.uk/scripts/products.php?cat=Hole Cutters It was one of these that I used to cut a hole in my bulkhead when feading throw wires, bost gauge hose etc for the MF2 controller when fitting my turbo engine in Imola Cinq.

Aaron.

Last edited:
Hmm..........looking at my cinq, there should be enough room for 0 gauge by the speedo cable - just don't make the slit too big! :p

hi mate im using 0 guage cable for my install which i done yesterday and i took out carpet and all trim panels and what i did was run it thourgh behind the pedals and went up along dash and down by drivers door and into the metal and ran it along the inside of the sill so that u could not see it at all and came out inside rear trim panel al i got to do now is drill hole in bot side and come through and grommet hope this helps (jay

Paul, is this the grommit you mean? should be able to fit 0 gauge wiring through (i think :eek:) its the one behind the pedals, if thats the one you meant my bad :eek:

Attachments

• Image(450).jpg
    Image(450).jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 47
On the cinq there's another grommet thats blank on the otherside of the car. It's just underneath and to the right of the heater, and feeds straight into the cabin. Should be big enough for 0 guage, don't know if it's there on the sei though. Our cable goes under the sound deading and comes out through a hole and slot in front of the battery.

Jon+Em

paulbfd said:
What a legend :worship:

That's one of them, I can't tell in that pic but in mine there's already some wiring comes through that grommit. Is there on yours? If so then I'm sorted.

There's also another grommit a bit futher down to the left on mine, with no cable.

In my pic theres only the two wires i fed through there, wasnt any there previously :eek:

project-cinqy said:
On the cinq there's another grommet thats blank on the otherside of the car. It's just underneath and to the right of the heater, and feeds straight into the cabin. Should be big enough for 0 guage, don't know if it's there on the sei though. Our cable goes under the sound deading and comes out through a hole and slot in front of the battery.

Jon+Em

went running my power cable last night, went looking for the grommet like my last car but its not there :eek: really annoying, mine is a 98 model, bulkhead seems quite different.

Back