Technical Ambient Temp Sensor

Currently reading:
Technical Ambient Temp Sensor

Ive been waiting to post this for a while just to make sure its not just me thinkin a fiat is broke;) ... This morning it was indicating -3*C which was fine, there was ice everywhere and i was shivering so it works... I drove 3 miles onto the M6 and it was reading 10*C which is where it stayed until i got to work.

It seems to read correctly to begin with then rise but ive noticed it seems to settle between 5* and 12* depending on what mood its in!

Does it affect fueling?

Any ideas?

the only thing it will affect is the air conditioning and climate control, the pump is switched off arount 6 if memory serves so be carefull if the temp is actually lower than this outside as it could cause some serious damage if the fluid is frozen up.
roy

No it doesn't. Sensor for CC is on the opposite door mirror.

doesn't affect climate if you were reading the temp from the dash readout as climate also uses another sensor on the N/S door mirror.

No it doesn't. Sensor for CC is on the opposite door mirror.

This has come up before.

I think we discovered that yours is the only car that has a sensor on both mirrors. I think, at the time, I suggested that as the temperature sensor is only fitted on the driver's side mirror, your car may have had a LHD mirror fitted to the passenger side at some time in its history.

and the sun would help increase the temp on the dash, I know that as o can see a building with a temp gauge on saying -2 but the sun is on my mirror and reading is now 5.5

and the sun would help increase the temp on the dash, I know that as o can see a building with a temp gauge on saying -2 but the sun is on my mirror and reading is now 5.5

That's probably the reason the sensor was moved on later models.

Pre 2002 its on the mirror stem, post 2002 hidden from sunlight on the underside of the mirror.(I think).

Attachments

• VQ81.jpg
    VQ81.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 99
  • stilo_5dr_rh.jpg
    stilo_5dr_rh.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 1,913
  • stilo_5dr_lh.jpg
    stilo_5dr_lh.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 1,924
Last edited:

i forgot to say... Im nocturnal... I go to work when its dark and come back when its dark so i think i can safely rule out heat soak!

My sensor is on the underside of the O/S mirror arm

Back