General Am I mad?

Currently reading:
General Am I mad?

Mrs Randomman and I are both looking at new cars (her's later this year, mine the year after.)

We both like the look of Stilos, I've got a JTD engine at the moment and rate it quite highly.

Hers would stay standard I may mod mine a bit. (remap etc)

are we both mad cos of the reliabilty stories?

Shall I renew the bus pass!?

Mrs Randomman and I are both looking at new cars (her's later this year, mine the year after.)

We both like the look of Stilos, I've got a JTD engine at the moment and rate it quite highly.

Hers would stay standard I may mod mine a bit. (remap etc)

are we both mad cos of the reliabilty stories?

Shall I renew the bus pass!?

Yep your both stark staring bonkers..:p been looking for another one myself but now decided to pass on the idea ..:D got quite used to not having the BEEP BEEP BEEP for the slightest issue..:(

Dunno, Seems like if you can get a good one all well and good, But if you get a bad one look out!!!!

No help i know but....................................!!

I drive an 02 Abarth, my wife drives a 53 1.8 Dynamic.

We've had the 1.8 for a year and a half and its needed a new centre section exhaust and front tyres. Flew through its MOT in Jan.

Had my Abarth for almost a year and all its needed so far is petrol.

You must remember, alot of people only search for forums like this and post when they want to fix a problem, not when the car is going well. ;)

My only regret is not getting the wife a JTD as she does alot of short journeys. But still, the fuel economy isn't too bad at all on either of them. I average around 30mpg (4 miles to work and back) and she averages around 35+.

(y)

ive got the stilo jtd115.... the only beep beep beep ive had at 53k so far is when i either - run low of fuel (500+ miles to a tank), or dont put my belt on..

mine does have a thing for turbo hoses and horns though :D

500+ to a tank? I get nowhere near that in my JTD 115? I've always thought my MPG was bad for a diesel.

I got well over 500 miles from my tank when going to Norwich. Got down (from Glasgow), did some driving around town during the week and came around half way back up on one full tank. One of the good aspects of a 1.2 :D

On the whole "beep, beep, beep" thing, only had that with a "Check engine" message and once with the airbag issue. After getting a higher rated battery, that was sorted. Unless I go to the dealership, my Stilo ownership's been fairly trouble free, unless I've caused it myself :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yeah i would get it on motorway driving; town driving im looking at about 400 though. Although my EGR is defo clogged and is due for a change.

Well worst i have seen is about 350 miles to the tank, but adverage 450 i expect, worst i have seen on the trip computer was 22.2mph on a mad dash through germany at 3 figure speeds 5 up with a boot full of luggage.

But have seen 600 to the tank but driving like a nun.

ive got the stilo jtd115.... the only beep beep beep ive had at 53k so far is when i either - run low of fuel (500+ miles to a tank), or dont put my belt on..

mine does have a thing for turbo hoses and horns though :D

Christ Josh, youve nearly overtaken my mileage, and you were about 10k behind when i got my Stilo! Mines on 54,400.

I always thought people got much higher MPG outta there Stilo JTDs but mine actually sounds about right;

Lowest mileage per tank - 480
Highest per tank - 550
Most common figure - 510 miles

The display says 43.5 - 46.0 mpg most of the time, ive not done the sums manually to check tho.

Only BEEP BEEP BEEP on mine is when i go over 50mph through roadworks & have the Speed Limiter on. It did give me a BEEP the other day before dying, the battery was flat, but it has only done about 10 miles this month so i was half expecting it.

Back