General Am I in the right forum?

Currently reading:
General Am I in the right forum?

Lucy500C

Forgive my newbieness. We have owned our 2012 500c for about 5 months. We live in Canada. Is this the right group? I still haven't figured out the difference between what we have and an Arbath. Thanks in advance.

Hi and welcome,

Looks like you are in the right forum for your car.

I am sure there are a lot of similarities with basic 500 models and the Abarth especially when it comes to general faults that occur and something too we have fallen foul off.

Indeed on our 500 Sport 1.4 16v we have just fitted new discs/rotors and read up on what was required. Then found on the rear it was nothing like what we had read up and even seen youtube videos linked.

When we then asked on the forum we were linked to the Abarth process and parts only to find that was what we actually had fitted.

Generally though using the search facility with issues should pick up issues despite which forum.

Farrah

Hi and welcome :)

The 500 for the 'North American' markets were built in Mexico.

Compared to the European built 500:

More powerful engines..all 1.4

Different Safety kit..added @200kg

I believe the infotainment: soundsystems

Are different too..

Maybe less of a difference to Abarth models.. ;)

How are you finding the car?

How does it compare to your previous vehicles ?

Charlie

Last edited:
We love it. We are surprised how solid it feels, and how quiet it is with the top up. The headlight replacement was the easiest of any car we ever owned. Most of our driving is highway miles, so we're looking forward to taking it into the mountains.

Thanks for your help, Charlie and Farrah

Last edited:
Back