• July

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • August

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • september

• October

• I'm boring and dont want to come cause im a girl and scared of big scary roller coasters!

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
Ok,

so got quite a good responce of people interested in having a fiat forum day out at Alton Towers.

Just need to decide when!

Options are -
  • June - End of spring should be nice and warm :)
  • July- Just before all the kids finish school for the summer, should be reasonably quiet
  • August - Defo a no go! Chav and queue central!
  • Sept - still warm from the summer and kids back at school woo!
  • October - Getting cold now but less queues!
So vote! my personal vote goes for july. Also, please add any comments or suggestions onto this thread. So far its gonna be a sunday (I decided this :p ) bright and early meeting at 9am to convoy. a suitable meeting point will be decided but secretly ive already decided but suggestions welcome ;)

When we get a date ill get up some suggestions for places to stay. I'm recommending in and around Cheadle as then people staying over can meet up for a few pints at a local pub the night before.

Anyway, VOTE! please :p

AT_mei02_140.jpg

John Wardley and B&Ms finest :D

STOP VOTING!

JUNE WINS

By majority vote :D and becuase arc said aye

Last edited:
Ive voted for june cos its the only month on the list that i have not been. Ive been in the other months

I have voted June since Rob is off on the 10th/11th and 17th/18th. Only leave me to sort out work, when it's decided on which date is best.

no you do still have to queue.. granted its notas long as the normal queue.. well sometimes it can be.. but they might not run it in june.. might not class it as peak time etc. plus tickets run out pretty bloody quick.

im not 100% sure if they still do the fast track ones anyway, I know they do ones where you pay an extra £10 or something at the entrance and get a ticket that lets you onto the main rides once to skip the queue. waste of money imo.

if you do the rides cleverly you can get on everything without queuing.. itsall about timing.. eg... dont head stragiht for the haunted house.. it never has a queue so its pointless even if it is your favourite :p .. u head for the bigger stuff first.. namely Rita at the moment as its there latest ride so queues get big quickly. then do other bgger rides around dinner time when everyones piled into maccy Ds. and again at around 5ish.. everyones buggering off home at this time.

but theres nothing wrong with queing anyway :D.. except for air.. which is a complete waste of time

Me and H went to Alton Towers 7th Oct. Had a brill time, the longest we waited for a ride was about 30-40 mins.

I got some 2 4 1 tickets off ebay that cost me about £1. well worth it considering what you save.

I went to Thorpe park as well last year which was ace :)

we stayed in the hotel in December...you get exclusive entrance to the park!! obiously no Q's .....the novelty soon wore off though after getting off Nemisis and running round to get on it again straight away 12times :eek:
:cool: though! (y)

tbh unless you go mid summer your not going to queue more than wat sammi has said.. unless you go on air.. I dont expect it to be that busy in june unless it turns out to be an absolute scorcher of a weekend.

rough times :p -

Nemesis - the old girl doesnt really get queues bigger than 30mins anymore. only thing makes them that long is the fast track thing.. holds up the proper queue for ages.

Oblivion - Again.. queues generaly no longer than 20-30mins.. the rides so short than people are on and off within 2 mins or so. plus its 16 to a shuttle and 7 shuttles so good throughput.

Rita - big queues cause its so new and the throughput is awful. 45mins+ unless you do it first at 10am :p

Spinball wizzer - usualy big queues as throughput is low and everyone seems to pile straight on it becuase its right at the entrance. 30-60mins

Air - queues not big.. just bloody slow becuase it breaks down every 10 mins. staff are useless at running this thing. (30mins+ on a quiet day :p )

runaway mine train - never more than 15 mins unless mid summer.

Haunted house - walk on.. all the time.

Ripsaw - 15mins max usual. popular in summer cuase its a wet ride

Log Flume (sponsored by imperial leather :rolleyes: ) - 30mins - 60mins depending on weather. still busy even if its raining :D

Congo river rapids - doesnt seem to attract big crowds anymore.. usualy 15mins on a good day.. 60mins in mid summer.

enterprise - 15mins on a busy day

submission (dont bother) - 20mins if running both sides.. 30mins in only running one

Hex - walk on... all the time. good fun :p

The blade (pirate ship) - 2mins 24seconds. always ;)

cant think of anything else off the top of my head.. except the skyride for lazy people (like me) which is usualy walk on but about 5-10 mins in busy times (would be quicker to walk frankly... plus you get stuck in a caridge with a group of chavs who insist spitting out the window at people on the ground.

Well at least if H comes with us then he will have someone to go on the oblivion with. This is the only ride I have been on and hated every second of it. I have been to america on some rides there and they havent bothered me, but this I really really hate it.

Do we have a list of possible dates in June or is that to early to decide?. (That if June wins)

looks like june is taking it at the moment.. dates will be the next poll :p

Its best to go on oblivon and breath in and stick out your gut as much as possible so that you can keep the over head restraint up a notch or 2 .. breathing in means the ride ops wont push it down when they come round to check it.

with it being up a little bit, you basicly float out of your seat on the drop.. just like skydiving :p

Back