• Sun25th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Any Saturday

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Any Sunday

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
Ok,

June won the vote for the month of the meet. now we just need to choose the weekend and whether its to be saturday or sunday!

Remember, this is the day of actually visiting the park so those wanting to stay over will have to either come up on the friday night or saturday night. but those with quite a distance to go home might prefer a sat so they can have a rest on sunday before going back to work. but those that work saturdays will want sundays so.. vote what you want.. im personaly voting sunday.

If you want to suggest another day then say so, but weekends are probably going to be more suitable for most people.

Anyway, choose one!

because the votes will be all over the place, To work this out ill basicly look at the most popular weekend chosen and that will be the weekend.. then will take the average for all of the saturdays chosen and then all of the sundays and see which was the mos popular. this will hopefully give the day which will be most accessable to most people :)

right.. im off to get my hair cut

Last edited:
Rob and i can do either the 17 or 18th. We will properly come down on the sat and stay over (if 18th wins). Rob is off work on the Monday 19th but I'm not :( Rob can drive home so i can get some rest ready for work the next day.

Right, i've just rang up Alton Towers to get there hotel costs. For Rob, i and James its £200 for friday night and all day pass on the Saturday to the park compared to £315 if we stay on the Saturday night :eek:

I've found a travel inn about 15miles away that has rooms for the weekend that we are free :)

I cant make the weekend of the 24th neither.

I;m still suggesting hotels/b&bs in cheadle as thats the meeting point so makes sence.. also its a proper town, talke isnt. its pretty small PLUS its a good 45mins from alton towers.. might not sound much in miles but trust me, its on the other side of hanley and so isnt the easiest route to take.. cheadle has loads of pubs :p

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&X=410000&Y=340000&gride=382622.563470273&gridn=352559.317944704&scale=200000&coordsys=gb&db=freegaz&lang=&inmap=&table=&ovtype=&keepicon=true&localinfosel=&local=&kw=&srec=0&mapsize=big&db=freegaz&rt=

Thats a good map.. shows the LOCAL area :p uttoxeter, cheadle, ashbourne etc. Alton Towers is slap bang in the middle of Cheadle and ashbourne. Or more specificaly, Alton/Farley which are on the map.

http://www.4hotels.co.uk/uk/alton-staffordshire.html massive list of local hotels.

plus the travelodge
http://www.travelodge.co.uk/find_a_hotel/hotel/hotel_id/187/Uttoxeter

Last edited:
ooh didnt know my bday was on a saturday this year :cool:
...errm im gona vote sunday 18th....dont know if i'll be free at beginning of June as its our wedding anniversary and we usually go to Scotland for a couple of weeks

Emm said:
ooh didnt know my bday was on a saturday this year :cool:
...errm im gona vote sunday 18th....dont know if i'll be free at beginning of June as its our wedding anniversary and we usually go to Scotland for a couple of weeks

So is mine 7th june 37 grueling etc etc years :p

Back