Technical Alternator

Currently reading:
Technical Alternator

Luke1985 said:
Mines just siezed up :bang:

Will the alternator of my uno 45 fit? If so, i shall have to do some poaching :devil:

Ta,
Luke
No.
UNO 45 alternator http://www.atozmotorspares.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=3616_10310_10319&products_id=73670

Cinq alternator http://www.atozmotorspares.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=3616_10310_10319&products_id=73682

There was a good thread on alternators recently started by Cutard where i gave the code for an uprated 75amp alternator which is a useful 10amp increase on standard.

Aaron.

Luke1985 said:
So it wont fit at all, or just wont be good for permanent use? I only need the uno one on for tomorrow so i can get to uni and to a place where i can get a new one :)

No it will not fit, at teh minimum its the wrong pulley. Charge the battery up over night, spray WD40 in the old alternator and hopefully it wil get you to where you need to go. I did this many years ago when I was short of cash and managed to get by for a week no worries.

Not had much luck so far with the Abarth, have you Luke? :(

nah its been nothing but a pain in the arse :mad: Always happens to me though, everything goes wrong within the first few weeks. The uno's engine went pop and lost all oil pressure when i started driving it, so a seized alternator and blowing exhaust is nothing in comparison really :( i checked the rear suspension bushes and they were fine so the noise is the wrong exhaust - judging by all the knocks dents and bumps out of it from the lower suspension arms.

On the bright side, it shall be fixed. Im trying to not let it bother me too much, just gives me an excuse to stay at home for a few days whilst i trace a new alternator/wait for my exhaust parts to be delivered :D

oh an aaron, by the looks of things teh uno one will fit if you change the pulley on the end :) They're the exactly same size/connections/pulley width etc. Only difference really is the pulley and power rating.

Last edited:
Back