alternatives to jubilie clips

Currently reading:
alternatives to jubilie clips

Come to a bit of a problem working on the car today. Ive taken off the standard fiat single use clips and have just been putting the car back together to find that a jubilie clip fouls the side of the gearbox when used on the inner CV boots, where the standard fiat thing doesnt :(

The Fiat clip is a no hoper at getting it back on and so what alternatives do I have to a jubilie clip that does exactly the same job but is flat instead...

Hope this makes sence anyway.

meant to use metal cable ties on the boots, they come with the universal CV boot kits from frauds. i bought some off ebay to attach heat wrap to me exhaust. not sure where sells them in the real world.

never use a jubilee clip.

you can use cable ties, many cv boot kits come with them, and its fine for an MOT, but imo its not a good idea, i've seen them pop off too many times.

any motor factor will sell you a metal clip, usually called pinch rings, they cost 50p each, just ask. it helps if you take the old one to ensure you get the correct size. you dont need the special tool for tightening the clips, but they do make it easier.

well just been to a motorfactors and they gave me some clips but im a little confused how to use them. there not like cable ties where u pull em through and they lock on the ridges... they said on the packet "metal ties for CV boot" so i assume they will do the job but how im supposed to put them on i dont know lol.

im going to go and have a guess.

Yeah pretty sure I need a tool as ive just tried in the only way I can work out they go on and whilst they are on and secure, they arent as tight as they should be. They close at 5 so cant get back tonight so may just nip to halfrauds and see what theyve got in a bit (although its not exactly close...) or wait untill tomorrow. or not do it atall as ill be booking the car into a garage asap to get the gbox done anyway and it will all have to come off again :p

Back