Alloys making a funny noise? HELP

Currently reading:
Alloys making a funny noise? HELP

P

Paddy

OK, i posted on here a couple of days ago saying that when i put my new 17s onto my car the back ones were making a funny clunking noise when i got to a certain point of the wheel going round, the guy i bought them off of said he had them on a lancia dedra which ive checked all the stats for and they are exactly the same as my bravos?! I cant figure out what the noise could be, ive measured the new wheel bolts that i had to buy and compared them to the old bolts and they are pretty much identical lengths, someone please help me out, its killing me seeing the alloys just sitting in my back room not on the car.

Cheers
Paddy

When I had new alloys fitted the new bolts were a similar length to the old ones but the TSW locking nuts were an inch longer, this resulted in the inside of the drums being damaged by the bolts.

Did you get lockers? I had mine cut down and the noises stopped.

i had the same problem buddy and was getting slightly p*ssed off!what ever you do try not to drive your car like it!the problem i had was that the new bolts were about 2mm at the most longer than originals, and were just catching on something inside the drum at the same point of every revolution!!if you remove one or two of the bolts you will clearly be able to see if it has been grinding on anything.all i did was just grinded the bolts slightly ( you can also use wheel spacers ).hope thats of some help buddy!