Technical Alloy Wheel Re Bore?

Currently reading:
Technical Alloy Wheel Re Bore?

Is it possible to have the inner bore of an alloy wheel enlarged to fit the fiat?

Ive got my eye on a set of wheels, but as they are from a rover/mg the inner bore is smaller than the fiat bore....

I could get away with spacing the wheels out past the hub lip on the fiat, but then il have the wheel wobble problem, and then im not sure how i will stand with big spacers and wobbly bolts on wheels that are 4x100....

Anyone got an idea if its possible, and if so the cost?

are the seicento bore's 58.1?
As the wheel bore of the mgf are 56.6, and when looking online i can only get the bore of the cinq, not the sei (but i assume their both the same at 56.6)

are the seicento bore's 58.1?
As the wheel bore of the mgf are 56.6, and when looking online i can only get the bore of the cinq, not the sei (but i assume their both the same at 56.6)

58.1mm is a Fiat wide thing (apart from GPs, which have Vauxhall dimensions)

If you have a different PCD on the new alloys, would it not be easier to get new hubs made up with the right centre bore and PCD? saves the use of wobble bolts too

Might be a better way. Important to check if the 32mm socket will still fit through the hole!

A bloody big lathe is needed. Tyre removal may be for safety reasons or cos the lathe was otherwise too small................

A bloody big lathe is needed. Tyre removal may be for safety reasons or cos the lathe was otherwise too small................

im guessing they are more likely to bolt the wheel down to a rotary table on a mill. because like you say anything other then very small wheels would need a monster lathe.

its also hell of a lot easier to bolt the wheel to a rotary table and centre it perfectly

its also hell of a lot easier to bolt the wheel to a rotary table and centre it perfectly

i disagree with that, i find it far easier to centre up on a lathe than a rotary table, but the only thing i do on rotary tables is flywheels, and ive got a jig for them so its easy:p

i know my lathe fits a 13" wheel, not tried anything bigger, but i can take a section of the bed out so it should be doable

i disagree with that, i find it far easier to centre up on a lathe than a rotary table, but the only thing i do on rotary tables is flywheels, and ive got a jig for them so its easy:p

I always found using a rotary table much easier to centre. guess the way they do it is dependent on the machinist and tools available.

ah screw it all! get the dremel on it :p

Back