Styling Alloy recommendation and exhaust

Currently reading:
Styling Alloy recommendation and exhaust

GAZZA89

Hi all, i want to buy some alloys for my mk2 punto, i was just wandering what sort of size and make look good on a punto so any recommendations would be great.

Also i have a whole in my exhaust on the back box weld and i am planning to buy a so called chav exhaust for it, a big round one to make some noise :D and recommendations for this aswel would be great, i.e good make and sounding exhausts, and also would i need to cut a hole in the rear bumper as they are only plastic and have a good chance of burning over time.

Cheers

Hi all, i want to buy some alloys for my mk2 punto, i was just wandering what sort of size and make look good on a punto so any recommendations would be great.

Also i have a whole in my exhaust on the back box weld and i am planning to buy a so called chav exhaust for it, a big round one to make some noise :D and recommendations for this aswel would be great, i.e good make and sounding exhausts, and also would i need to cut a hole in the rear bumper as they are only plastic and have a good chance of burning over time.

Cheers

Yea whichever back box you get please DO make a cut out if it's gonna stick out! A mate of mine he's got a Sprint Blue Mk2, got one fitted a universal one I think, could not be asked to cut a hole and it's gradually burning it's way through his bumper :eek: it looks horrible :yuck:.

As for your Back-box what about Supersprint Back-box? They produce a good note but don't come cheap usually so it depends on the size of your wallet (I saw this one on my web-travels where the bumper has NOT been cut out).

However if you're like me and you like a good bargain, then have a look at ebay? You might be able to pick up some cool bits there, cheaper as well!. Alloys are more of a personal thing I think, abeit most go for 17" Alloys.
You could check out your local Halfrauds for Alloy ideas or just browse some of the Forums members motors I'm sure they would not mind sharing their styling info with you, but then again some of the members want to remain 'uniquely individual' so on the other hand maybe not! :p

Hope that helps a bit (y)

Attachments

• puspmk2_05.jpg
    puspmk2_05.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 20
Hey,

I can't really help you on the subject of wheels however i can on the exhaust as i have just changed mine myself

I went with sportex, i hadn't heard of them before but was assured they were good and they are... the come in many different designs (i chose a 4", like u say ... a chav one lol) And they are all made to fit your car, so not cutting no welding and no cutting holes in bumpers lol

All i will say is that if you have a centre section silencer remove it otherwise you just will not get that noise you were after and like me will be dissapointed lol

I think the box i got was £109.99 so not really expensive at all, and new centre section is around £30.

Hope this has helped :D

Not sure about alloys to be honest.. though i would recommend fiat sporting ones.
For the backbox, powerflow do some tidy 'systems', also supersprint do some of the best around, though they don't come cheap.. If not just get a universal one, something like a savage lol!! XD

these are my alloys from halfords and they 17" some people like them and some dnt but i think they look quite smart lol (wen there clean lol) and i just had a sportex 4" jap style back box fitted and it sounds sweet, not to loud but a nice deep rumble i get some pictures too. the backbox set me back £120 off ebay, would reccomend the seller as he was very gd and very quick.
side_of_car.JPG

Back