Alfetta frontquarter.JPG

Alfettaman's cars....

Introduction

Thought I'd add my other current cars....

I know it's quite a few cars - but we've all got a weakness, and I guess this is mine. The average age of these five cars is over 21 years - and that includes a three year old! Two of them I bought new, and two of them (the newest and the oldest) are tax exempt too...

Alfetta frontquarter.JPG

Freelander.JPG

Insight 1.JPG

Stilo frontquarter.JPG

VW roofup.JPG

...and recently I've had these two as well...

IMG_4520.JPG

P1010045.JPG
Always liked the Alfetta, one of the last good looking saloons Alfa made before the 164, 156 and 166. Mind you, the 2000 was pretty handsome as well, although I never really liked the Giuiettas that turned up in the '80s, nor the 75s, 33 and Arna.

The Alfasud was a little cracker and would have been more of a Classic if they'd been built a bit better, and the coupes, the related GT, GTV and GTV6 were also fine looking motors, but one of my favourites will always be the Alfasud Sprint in early 1.5 guise, what a little peach.

Always liked the Alfetta, one of the last good looking saloons Alfa made before the 164, 156 and 166. Mind you, the 2000 was pretty handsome as well, although I never really liked the Giuiettas that turned up in the '80s, nor the 75s, 33 and Arna.

The Alfasud was a little cracker and would have been more of a Classic if they'd been built a bit better, and the coupes, the related GT, GTV and GTV6 were also fine looking motors, but one of my favourites will always be the Alfasud Sprint in early 1.5 guise, what a little peach.

I share your thoughts on most of this! The Alfetta saloon is certainly distinctive, and quite a head-turner nowadays, as there are only a handful of them left in the UK: if I leave mine in a car park there's very often someone prowling admiringly around it when I return!

I had an Alfasud Sprint Veloce 1.5 in the early 80s - a very pretty coupe with great handling and a tough engine but 'challenging' build quality, electrics and reliability.

The 75 is mechanically very similar to the Alfetta, and so was the 1980s Giulietta. The Alfetta saloon was the first and arguably the 'purest' of these transaxle Alfas (it pre-dated the slightly more commonplace 1973 GTV coupe version by a year).

Back