IMG_20180811_102928403.jpg

Alfa Romeo Spider and GTV

Introduction

Couple of Alfas I own. An early Phase 1, 2 litre TS, GTV. Love driving it. The 150bhp TS engine in this seem much stronger, and less trouble, than the 155bhp, plastic topped, phase 2 versions in my experience.

IMG_20181006_135629610_HDR.jpg

Phase 2 Spider is a lot of fun. Love the red leather seats and rosso paint. If there's no rain, the roof is down :) Sadly, this is in the garage getting a new engine at the moment! :eek:

IMG_20180811_102928403.jpg
Beautiful cars! What's happened to the Spiders' original engine?

Cheers (y)

The Spider span the cylinder 1 shell. The oil was full of shrapnel. Wrecked :mad: Either a rebuild or replacement engine. Found a low mileage phase one engine, apparently was well maintained(!), so that's getting dropped in. Spoke to the garage yesterday and they were in the process of swapping over parts. I'm in no rush to get it back tbh as it'll go straight into the garage until the spring!

Cheers

Nope, I'm up in North East Fife.

Nice user name. You must be an Alfisti too!?

Great.. we have family around Dundee..

You and simon_16vpunto have some great photo weather.. :)

Yes..I am jealous.. currently in damp welsh valleys.. ;)

My younger years on CAGIVA bikes built the username.

Enjoyed our 156 TS though.. ;)
Charlie

Last edited:
Great.. we have family around Dundee..

You and simon_16vpunto have some great photo weather.. :)

Yes..I am jealous.. currently in damp welsh valleys.. ;)

My younger years on CAGIVA bikes built the username.

Enjoyed our 156 TS though.. ;)
Charlie

I like Dundee a lot. A small city that's big on personality. We do get some lovely sunny weather it's true. Today being a case in point! I drove the GTV into St Andrews and back in the glorious sunshine :D :cool: There are some great roads in Wales (y) In the valleys, Merthyr?

I wanted a Cagiva Mito back in the 90s. Mainly because I couldn't afford a 916 Ducati. The Cagiva Mito is probably worth about the same as a 916 Duke these days!?

Lovely cars!

Please reupload your pictures to the forum though, stops this thread becoming completely pointless when pbucket change their URLs etc. :)

Thanks :) Sorry to ask a noob/amateur question but how do I upload? Into my gallery? I did have a look at uploading when I originally posted, but couldn't figure it out. Forgive me if I missed an obvious thread explaining this! *insert eyeroll*

Edit - Sorted the photo posting thing :)

Last edited:
I like Dundee a lot. A small city that's big on personality. We do get some lovely sunny weather it's true. Today being a case in point! I drove the GTV into St Andrews and back in the glorious sunshine :D :cool: There are some great roads in Wales (y) In the valleys, Merthyr?

I wanted a Cagiva Mito back in the 90s. Mainly because I couldn't afford a 916 Ducati. The Cagiva Mito is probably worth about the same as a 916 Duke these days!?

We've been fortunate in Scotland.. leaky tent and a toddler could've been a disaster.. 26'C and sunny for 10 days.. !! (y)

I rode enduro's ( in wales..) for 30 years.. so Cagiva, Fantic and Husky
do appreciate the Street ( and MotoGP) stuff though

I now "live" around Abertillery (Ebbw Vale) - so @ 20 miles from Merthyr

lovely area.. and a wee bitty warmer than fife.. :cool:

got an old diesel Punto that does the motorway miles - complete with DUCATI emblem on the tailgate :eek:

Back