Alfa Papa

Currently reading:
Alfa Papa

Thats a **** pic.. get some better ones up :)

Will be a good un if it was Hamish's.. he likes a clean car..

Christ that's handbrakes good ;)

Can you not use the pictures Hamish sent you? I'm sure he wouldn't mind especially as the car's no longer his. I bet you're definitely glad you didn't buy the Eleganza now

Nice. Didn't realise it was a facelift model too.

Does it have the Ti Seats? Some of the best seats fitted to any car IMO (very similar to GT seats, just with slightly smaller bolsters).

Good stuff Martyn...always liked the 147's that I've had...Enjoy.

p.s. I've got a couple of spare alloys of that type your welcome to, I could chuck in the boot the next time I see you. I had them for winter tyres.

Thanks for the offer fella - I *think* I'm ok for the time being as I have the original 17" alloys now sitting in storage thanks to Stuarty - plus a full set of spare tyres (summer iirc with some decent tread!) for the winter wheels which are on at present. Astra just did one last run full to the brim of spares lol

There's a really, really strange thing i LOVE about 147's..... one of those really unexplainable things without folk thinking you have lost whatever of the plot you had left....

The steering wheel.

It's one of the most important things but one of the most overlooked, it's the thing you touch/feel constantly in a car. The 147's is just "right". Perfect size, perfect thickness, first thing i ever noticed sitting in the drivers seat of one was that they got the wheel, to my taste and what i want, perfect.

YES!

I know exactly what you mean having had this for a couple of days. My hatred of corners has been well documented since el panda ended up upside down, but the 147 feels very VERY responsive, almost train like in and out of the bends and I guess part of that is the feedback through that. The wheel is just spot on and all the ancillary controls, once you're used to them, are spot on.

And the conversion begins :)

I love Fiats, brilliant little cars, but Alfa's have that extra little something I could never find in a Fiat.

An interesting week lol.

Wednesday the wheels were removed from storage and collected from Stuarty - cheers again mate ;)

Thursday night the Alfa was treated to a quick wash as I had a shot of my neighbours drive. Quick dicht of the car, but the alloys were given a proper ish wash ready for fitting.

Today has been full chap on the car. New DAB/MP3 stereo fitted - deliberately with NO cd player to stop me cluttering up the car. The new alloys were also fitted, but sadly not long after fitting the acceleration didn't feel anywhere near as responsive as normal. The car then flagged up a rather alarming warning 'Motor Control System Failure' at which point it appeared to be in limp home mode.

A few quick texts and I was back at Stuartys having an OBD scanner plugged in - P0401 was the error code which was flagged up, researched and duly cleared. Boils down to EGR valve so a clean/blank or, worst case scenario, replacement is on the cards.

Cue big sigh of relief!

Thanks again for your help at the weekend Martyn.

Just wanted to add to this thread, Martyn gave me a shot of the 147 at the weekend and, with the exception of the slight powerloss due to the above EGR issue, It has to be the tighest, sharpest 147 I have even driven. I couldn't fault it. It even puts the Giulietta to shame.

Back