IMG_20210817_135713.jpg

Alfa GTV V6 3.2

Introduction

Got this little beauty a couple of weeks ago. Pretty rare and needs a little TLC. For a tall person, the left leg is left hooked up in my chest, but hey, she is superb to drive, and sounds like it :)
916 GTVs are very under-rated IMO, as long as you get a good one I reckon the v6 GTV is one of the most enjoyable of all Alfas to drive.

I had a black 916 3.0 CF3 with the 6 speed box and brown leather interior. Truly awesome, nimble car to drive, loved the looks and loved the noises it made, only fly in the ointment was that flippin' CF3 ecu mounted just over the rear manifold cat, which barbecued itself and made the car spectacularly unreliable. So well worth either relocating the ecu (the 3.2 is CF3 too), fitting Wizard decat headers or CF2 headers with a modified downpipe if it's not already been done to make sure you don't get £3k plus worth of fried chips :) Another worthwhile mod with the 3.2 is to fit a Quaife / Q2 diff to make sure the OEM open diff doesn't make a bid for freedom through the gearbox casing if you give it a bit too much welly, but 90% of cars will have had that done already (or will have a new gearbox).

(BTW mine was the inspiration for rescuing the v poorly Abarth 595 I now own)

Back