Alfa Diesel

Currently reading:
Alfa Diesel

Ok, so im sure their will be athread on here, but I need just one simple answer, (I know its not a Fiat, but they are cousins!):slayer:

Im thinking on buying an ALFA GT 1.9jtd, does the cam belt need changed at 32k or something, the one Im looking at has 30k and I just want to know if there will be a bill due and use it as a bargaining tool!!!

Cheers!

Why not look in the owner's manual or ask the owner to do it for you? That way you are getting the correct info for that particular car.

the 36k interval is for all 16v twinsparks and the 2.0 JTS only.

the GT is a great car, think of it as a 147 coupe, because that is what it is. i'm sure you'll be shocked by the handling, even with the JTD's weight upfront, and even with FWD. it is certainly not a grand tourer, its definately a sports coupe.

the 16v JTDm is much much much better than the 8v JTD used on fiats and earlier alfas. the GT only has the 16v model available so dont worry, you're getting the right one. with a remap 200bhp is easily achieved on the 16v, and reliability isnt compromised, as proven by many people on alfaowner.com, just be prepared to change the clutch every 40-50k.

Last edited:
Back