Alfa 159 on top gear

Currently reading:
Alfa 159 on top gear

they are tremendous cars, I drove a 2.4 Turismo MJTD at Goodwood, and it was great

Seeing it being driven by the pros really showed what it could do, going silly speeds without so much as a squeal :D

Ive just spec'd one up on the alfa site, and it had a good selection of options, and only was 26k (y)

Last edited:
Engine... 1.9JTDm
Body... 159 Sportswagon
Handles... Incredible!

DSC000474.JPG

What an awesome car. Like a big Bravo :D

Last edited:
the 159 is built on the GM/Fiat premium platform, so its a Saab really, but it gets a stiffer chassis than the 156 had and platform sharing saved fiat a load of cash so its worth it. plus its a great platform.

the good looks are thanks to Giorgetto Giugiaro, so its a true alfa designed by an italian. Giorgetto Giugiaro definately lives on the same planet as me, straight lines and sharp edges are so sexy, and work just as well now as they did in the 70s. death to all bubble cars, long live straight lines!

few things on the road look as good as this, when you see one going down the motorway its a sexual experience.

engines are still the JTS and JTD range, even the 1.8 does 0-60 in 7.7secs which will do me nicely.

the 159 is definately in my top5. i will be amazed if i dont own one in a few years, its hard to imagine buying anything else, well other than a brera (aka 159coupe)

Last edited:
I've not been out in a 159 saloon yet. Went in a Brera 200bhp JTDm on its launch day, and the 150bhp JTDm 159 sportswagon while in Italy. The 150 is good, bit slower than my Bravo but perfectly adequet. The 2.4 JTDm though is a beast of an engine. Bet the sportswagon would be even better with that lump.

the good looks are thanks to Giorgetto Giugiaro, so its a true alfa designed by an italian. Giorgetto Giugiaro definately lives on the same planet as me, straight lines and sharp edges are so sexy, and work just as well now as they did in the 70s. death to all bubble cars, long live straight lines!

few things on the road look as good as this, when you see one going down the motorway its a sexual experience.

engines are still the JTS and JTD range, even the 1.8 does 0-60 in 7.7secs which will do me nicely.

(aka 159coupe)

Didnt Signor Giugiaro have some input into the GP? (y)

For me, in isolation the 159 is good, but next to a 156 it's too heavy and - dare I say it - too Germanic. But I guess that is the way all cars are going...

Sounded glorious :p

never mind that, did you see the M5 and AMG at Manchester airport, i would so love to go there and give the stilo a damn good thrashing.

What would it be AMG or M5.

Think i will wait for the RS6 (y)

Back