General alfa 156

Currently reading:
General alfa 156

not a chance the dashboard will fit.

the chrome outside door handles will fit with a small amount of modification (there's a guide on fiatboo)

i've also seen someone on fiatboo use the rear seats in a bravo, but they didnt fit very well at all imo and it took a fair amount of bodging to make them narrow enough to fit.

steering wheel fits fine.

you can also fit a twinspark engine if you want, the 1.8 uses the same 1747cc block as the 1.8bravo so mounting it is definately possible, the 2.0 twinspark is the same block but the piston's have a slightly longer throw, it would be cool to have a 2.0 twinspark bravo, imo it would be a tad faster than a bravo HGT.

you can also fit a twinspark engine if you want, the 1.8 uses the same 1747cc block as the 1.8bravo so mounting it is definately possible, the 2.0 twinspark is the same block but the piston's have a slightly longer throw, it would be cool to have a 2.0 twinspark bravo, imo it would be a tad faster than a bravo HGT.

Not to mention the twinspark noise :slayer: . That would be one very nice car :D.

the car has been front ended so i think ill take the door handles and spray them the same as my alloys (gunmetal) and fit the steering wheel.

as for engines ill either fit a 20vt or change my bravo for a coupe.

cheers.

the chrome 156 handles arent really suitable for spraying, paint wont stick to the chrome very well, if you did want to spray them i would first key them with some sand paper (2000 grit used dry) but personally i think the hard plastic marea handles are best for spraying.

ie got colour coded marea handles on my car, think im just going to make a little project out of the alfa handles, make up soe parts at work/college so there is nokey hole. as long as they fit will a small amount of work then they should be perfect. if i decide against it ave always got my marea ones i can put back on, or some rea marea ones.

The rear seat's have to taken to a proffesional uppholstrer to be moddifeid,no BODGING !!;) if try that they will look silly and there is a lot of work involved in getting them set up safely with the head rest ETC. and it's not cheap.

The fronts how ever go straight in:) and its a BRAVA i put them in.

Cheers Scotty(y)

Attachments

• seet2.jpg
    seet2.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 23
  • seat1.jpg
    seat1.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 22
  • lacks3.jpg
    lacks3.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 17
  • backs1.jpg
    backs1.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 15
front seats have been had anyway. so ill give that idea a miss, will go to the scrapyard next month as i am skint this month (cant afford pertol LOL).

would the 2.0 ts drop straight in to a hgt then, or would it just br the 1.8?? sounds like an option if the dreaded cambelt snapping bang happened! touchwood it hasent yet!!:worship:

I think it would be just as quick as a hgt too but be easier to tune also!??

could always put a v6 in though!! :pi remember someone saying it would drop in ok!?(y)

the 1.6, 1.8 and 2.0 TS are all the same engine, only difference is piston throw, so all will fit just as easily.

generally the 1.8 is thought of as the best of the TS engines, it is the size that the engine was designed for, it is more balanced than the others. the 2.0's extra piston throw upsets the balance, which is why a balance shaft was added, but this increases the cost and complexity of the timing belt job, and makes the engine feel less responsive, but it does have more power and torque to compensate. some people report a noticable power increase when the balance shaft belt is removed, giving you a true 2.0 engine's power, but the loss of balance takes its toll on the crank bearings.

are the mounts different for the hgt so that the ts would not fit in?? the 1.8ts would be my choice, with a supercharger bolted to the side from autodelta maybe!

what about the v6's?? would they be an option, which one etc? cant remember who said it but they sais that theses are ligter than the 20v because the blocks alli instead of steel? would be a nice noise though!:D

its hard to say if the V6 would fit, i've never had the opportunity to look into it, but i do know that the 20v bravo has its mounts in the same place as the 1.8, so the twinspark will fit. personally i think there is a good chance the v6 will fit, but it spoils the handling of the 156 (front heavy) so i think it would be a bad choice for the bravo. i doubt it could be an alloy block if it is well known to be too heavy for the 156.

the 1.8TS 156 has a kerbweight of 1265kg
the 2.5V6 156 has a kerbweight of 1355kg

(even the 2.4JTD only weights 1350kgs, so the V6 is heavier than that!)

the engine is responsible for the vast majority of that weight difference, so we can assume the V6 is approx 70-80kgs heavier, which is the same as having a fully grown man sat on top of your engine, that has a big effect on handling.

Last edited:
Back