Alfa 147 Lowered"!

Currently reading:
Alfa 147 Lowered"!

Jsutton

At last ive had the Alfa lowered,Ive used KW stainless steel coilovers to do the job..
Im using the Variant 1's so there Height adjustable only.
But What an impact it has made allready,
The dude that fitted them told me that he was going to set the shocks to the Middle setting so i could drive about and settle them in for a bit.
And by that i wasnt expecting a huge diffrence,But when i got up there yesterday to pick her up i noticed a huge difference.
The car no longer looks like it is on "STILTS"
I still have alot of adjusting to do,playing about with various settings and that but i think it looks pretty good as it is now.
Driveability wise of course if lost a good percentage of the comfort,But then thats something you cant get away from when lowering your car.
Handling wise however the car gives me alot more confidence in the bends,
I now longer get the huge body roll i used to get.
Anyway im very pleased with the results thus far.,
Tell me what u think.?
Kw_s_fitted_001.JPG

Kw_s_fitted_003.JPG

Kw_s_fitted_004.JPG

Kw_s_fitted_005.JPG

Last edited:
Really looks like a diffrent car now i think,.
Yeh KW were definitly the best all round package for me,.
Nice good qaulity kit aswell,
I got hold of them for £695 with VAT and delivery from a company called ICJ performance.
They didnt actually have the Alfa 147 listed on there site but i think they can order in all sorts of kits.
Intrested in coilovers are ya?

Yeah I am. There are normal suspension kits available but only lower the car 25mm :eek: Eibach do a set of coilovers for 550quid and can drop to a max of 65mm. Id love a set of KW but theyre just a little bit too pricey!!

So when are the bigger alloys going on :tempt: :p

the 147 is a great looking car i would like one, in red of course. it looks brilliant now that you have lowered it.

Been driving with the KW's for about 250 mile now and im super pleased with the upgrade.
Not only does the car look loads better but the handling is a huge improvement.
Im gonna make my first adjustment to the height this week though,So does anyone have any tips on adjusting coilovers?
Paulmacs cool to hear your getting one also,Seriously cool looking cars.
And it didnt win Europe car of the year in 2001 for no reason,.
Post some pictures up of the New motor if u can m8,Be intresting to see another lowered 147.
Kw_s_fitted_012.JPG

Kw_s_fitted_010.JPG

35mm front and 36 mm rear.
I wasnt expecting it to be that diffrent but as you can see it has improved the looks quite alot.

Hi J

Looks like its going to be KW for me (Eibach dont make the kit anymore) Did you get good service at ICJ Performance- delivery time etc.....Also did the actual kit come with fitting instructions specific to the car? Even if you didnt use them :p

Cheers

Hi, Sutton. Aint seen your car about since it been lowered but it looks nice in the pics. That car is a nice colour and I think it has wicked styling. What plans have you got next?

Hey Wolfrace,
I have to say the service with icj performance was first class,.
They were flexible with there price and they beat all the other quotes i had been given.
And delivery was as fast as i could have hoped for so from my experiance they are very good.
The kit for my alfa had a couple of pages with instructions in the box and all the doos and dont's when fitting,But me being so dis-organized lost it somewhere in the deep dark garage.
Came with stickers aswell which i also lost!lol(Was gonna try them on the car)

Ive seen your car about Ger.
Punto looks cool,Noticed its allready got the Abarth sideskirts and stuff on it so are you going to do much else?
Any plans...?
I'm not sure what im gonna do with the Alfa next just going to see how it goes.

Ordered lowering springs today, 30mm drop. Want to colour code mirrors etc but dont know whether to do them myself or get someone to do it for me as it saves hassle. Dont really know of any decent bodyshops in Hwest that will do it as a cash job, most want £40 - £50 just for 2 mirrors.

Cool,What lowering springs did you go for?
I'd say yeh maybe you would be better off doing it yourself,If youve done a few spray jobs before.
You did the Dashboard and the door handles on my m8s Seicento didnt you?
So is the Punto 80bhp?
J.sut

Back