Alarm Wiring Help - Neg + Pos Door Switch Problems

Currently reading:
Alarm Wiring Help - Neg + Pos Door Switch Problems

oookey

Hi,

Sorry for starting a new thread but ive spent weeks trailing forums, using the search options and trying various things, also I should probably mention I have a Fiat Punto Mk2, ELX if it makes any difference.

I brought my alarm system several weeks ago but have been struggling with the negative and positive door trigger wires :(

Everything else is in, Central Locking, Indicator/Side Light, Electric Window output, Tilt Sensor and Siren. The only other thing i havent put in is the relay (imobiliser) as the alarm spends most of its time disconected :(

I tried the pdf on the security section sticky but encountered the following problems, where it indicates door and boot wires for the switches it doesnt say which is pos and which is neg, also it states pin 21 for the door wire but the info @

https://www.fiatforum.com/punto-ii/236297-body-computer-pinout-here.html

states pin 21 is Courtesy lamp timer control :bang:

also at the link above it says pins 1 and 11 are door switches (and so does haynes manual :mad:) yet pins 1 and 11 aret used on the bottom left black connector with the red clip and ive seen this said in other security/wiring threads on here :bang:

i tried both wires anyway, alrmed car and opened door and boot, nothing :bang:

so i tried the other way round, this time the alarm beeps when arming (currently on chirpless mode) so its indicating something wrong, a min or so later the alarm chirps 3 times and will continue doing this every several mins, acording to the book 3 chirps indicates door sensor :bang:

My latest attempt involved removing the door card and running a wire direct to the door switch, first problem was that the door woring is joined by a plug :bang:, easy enough to connect wire to footwell side of the door connection, the door lock mechanism (driver side) has the following wires

Thick Grey
Black + White
Brown + Grey
Thick Yellow
Black + Pink
Black + Blue

im assuming that if i find the correct wires i can use them.

someone please help :cry:

Go up the a pillar drivers side and test wires there this is fed from the doors to int light will be easier to get to neg fed

Boot wire go to boot light

Ian

Thanks Mr Toad, took my pillar cover off Saturday and found 3 wires wrapped together, before cutting/splicing I decided to pop the light out (I broke the clips, whoops), Now I can't remember the wire colours but they matched the Haynes manual, using the volt meter I found that the two coloured wires are perm live? I got the same readings with door open and with door closed so am I assuming the black is the neg trigger. Now the boot light, had a black and a red and yellow (I think) but didn't have my socket set with me to get seat belt off to remove plastic trim and get at wires to test, more fun this weekend then :)

Hi there,

Sorry to resurrect this post but I'm looking for a solution to fix the alarm on my Fiat Doblò.

Everything works fine, except for the fact that when shutting the door I have to wait for the courtesy light to go off before pressing the button on the alarm keyfob, else the alarm will beep telling something is wrong - and then it will not engage properly.

If I do wait for the light to go off, then all works fine.

Alarm is the stock MetaSystem alarm, it has been checked by a technician and it is OK.

I have only recently gotten the car and the previous owner said he always used to wait for the light to go off before arming the alarm.

I have done some tests and found the problem. The wire that goes from the alarm ECU to the door contact has been connected to the courtesy light circuit, that is, to a wire in the A pillar.

When a door is open this wire is grounded, turning the light on.

However, this wire is not connected directly to the door switches, but it rather goes to the timer relay, which keeps the wire grounded for some time before breaking the connection, effectively turning off the courtesy light with a delay.

Now I don't want to remover the relay and lose the delay, neither I like to wait under the rain before I can properly lock my car.

I'd imagine to sort things out I should find the door switch wire that goes INTO the relay timer. Thing is, I suspect there are FOUR wires that go into the relay timer, one for each door.... not sure though.

Also, it's not easy to work into that narrow space where the fusebox is.

Any suggestion?

Cheers

Back