Alarm key fob range

Currently reading:
Alarm key fob range

I had a problem with this, but it turned out to be where my car was parked. The toad and most other alarms obviously use raido frequency i beleive.
If i parked in a hospital car park or similar my remote would only unlock the car if i put the remote right next to the window. Its usually to do with interferance. Have you tried it in like an empty car park and is it the same?
Another thing (sounds werid but it works beleive me)
Look at you car, hold the remote near and pointing towards you head and press the button. It actually increases the range a fair amount. Ive done this on my ai606 and it works lol

stripped the insulation off the end of it, and then soldered and heatshrinked a long bit of wire onto it and then ran it up and down the inside of the dashboard

you need to be careful about extending the cable tho, apparently, the longer the range, the easier it is to scan the frequencies used - although, i doubt anyone with that sort of equipment would want to steal a fiat ;)

littleyellowcar said:
you need to be careful about extending the cable tho, apparently, the longer the range, the easier it is to scan the frequencies used - although, i doubt anyone with that sort of equipment would want to steal a fiat ;)

It will break down a few yards later :D

littleyellowcar said:

that makes no sense. the size of the aerial in the car (receiver) will have no bearing on the range that the key fob broadcasts to.

Joe - i sometimes have that problem with mine!

Back