General Alan.D, Sprox and Giacosa meet ?

Currently reading:
General Alan.D, Sprox and Giacosa meet ?

Bring anything else useful! ( 4x4 wheel 4x4 wheel 4x4 wheel)(y) but only if you don't need it!

Well it turned out to be a glorious day, with the addage of good cars good company & good food.
Left Cumbria about 9.30 turning into the car park at halfords in Galashields about 11.45 and wondered is there another Halfords in Galashields, but the first Wanderer Giacosa arrived at about 12.15 followed shortly after by Chris Watson & Sprox.

A quick vehicle inspection was followed by sprox shouting I'm Hungry and off we went for some food. The food was nice and it was an Italian resturant but there were too many fiesta's on the menu and no panda's :) (you had to be there).

After the grub and bill was settled (I told them to run but they wouldn't have it:rolleyes: ) we went to have a go at each others cars.

Sprox's 4x4 is very tidy and very tight the low milage is obvious when driving and doesn't rattle like an old panda should the gearbox is also very tight and goes into gear easily & smoothly and not a crunch at all, I may have to recondition my box :eek: to get that smoothness back :)

Giacosa's 1000 is a little flying machine it's loose and just want's to go faster I took it for a jaunt on the country's and is a great little thing the speed difference between the 2wd & 4wd was obvious as that is the first time I tried a 2wd.

I was going to try Chris's but he was off having it washed after the initial photo shoot and kind of ran out of time but will have a fly about next time we meet.

All in all it was an excellent day and well worth the travelling, so if any others have second thought's about going to a meet DON'T just get yourself to one and have a laugh that's what it's all about.

BTW Chris (Giacosa) your furry handcuff & grooming pics never turned out for some reason :mad: but Girls be carefull with this one :D

Attachments

• gala.JPG
    gala.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 44
  • gala1.JPG
    gala1.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 48
  • gala2.JPG
    gala2.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 27
  • gala3.JPG
    gala3.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 17
  • gala4.JPG
    gala4.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 22
  • gala5.JPG
    gala5.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 54
This have been a fantastic day out. I took Sprox's panda for a run and agree with Alan, its almost like new (y). Alans car looks fantastic now that the roof has been sprayed :cool:, and i really want to nick it ;). I love the colour of Giacosa's car, and i hope to drive it soon (didnt have time today :().

P.S. i look like a scared rabbit there :D

EDIT - on the way home, me and Sprox stopped at the borders car park and took these pictures... (last picture is of Flash speeding away :)).

Attachments

• DSC00479.JPG
    DSC00479.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 17
  • DSC00483.JPG
    DSC00483.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 22
  • DSC00476.JPG
    DSC00476.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 21
  • DSC00485.JPG
    DSC00485.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:
What a Lovely Day!
What a nice bunch of people!
We got some good looks in the Car park at Halfords - lots of double takes from people - we left the cars there to their admirers or (wonderers as the case may be!).

Everyones got nice Pandas!
I drove Christopher's Selecta - It was great!
Alan's 4x4 was great!
Giacosa's CLX was very lively too!
We didn't behave tooo much like Panda Anoraks!

A beautiful drive there and back up and down the A68

My day has been marred by the fact that I got back to Gateshead and got the only key jammed in the passenger's door lock!!!!!!!
Snapped it off after i took out the lock and had to get the car towed to a safe compund until I can get a locksmith out tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!:(

Flash was Flying on the way home Alan! that 3in1 did the trick on the throttle cable!

Thanks for a great day guys! It was definitely worth the effort!
Anyone got a set of locks?

Sprox said:
Thanks for a great day guys! It was definitely worth the effort!
Anyone got a set of locks?
I saw a set on ebay a short time ago... missing the boot however... they were from beta.

Back