General Alan D owes Chris 5 quid

Currently reading:
General Alan D owes Chris 5 quid

Well i thought i had 7 days free insurance, but the indian call centre keep sending the cover note/email to the wrong address :bang:. It looks like i will have to ring them again :(

christopher watson said:
I wish it did, but the headlights are slightly different.

How are they different? Have you tried an autoparts store? Quite a few companies used to do aftermarket headlights for a mk1 Uno, and I'm sure Shop4parts do them as well?

I reckon they are different by having a non halogen bulb and the Fiat dealer is trying to fleece you...

1986Uno45S said:
How are they different? Have you tried an autoparts store? Quite a few companies used to do aftermarket headlights for a mk1 Uno, and I'm sure Shop4parts do them as well?

I reckon they are different by having a non halogen bulb and the Fiat dealer is trying to fleece you...

the original headlight is not as deep as the headlight off a mark 2 uno, and the headlight off a mark 1 uno is completely the wrong shape :)

Another update - After Virgin trains decided that my train isnt running that day (but at least i didnt have to pay for the tickets), i am now going to go down next Tuesday to pick the panda up, and will be going for the upgraded ticket (£10 extra for first class :slayer: ).

Edit - first class isnt available now :confused: )

Last edited:
can't someone give you a lift? would be cheaper than £40 in fuel.

I'm going from West Yorks to Kent on Sat if any of that route would save you money or ask him to meet you in Luton Milton Keynes etc. But it's a BM meet so don't expect the panda to be there

Last edited:
christopher watson said:
the original headlight is not as deep as the headlight off a mark 2 uno, and the headlight off a mark 1 uno is completely the wrong shape :)

*Chas is confused!*:confused:

So you've got a mk1 Uno but it won't take mk1 or mk2 headlights?

Come to think of it, doesn't the Fiorino have the 'clamshell' type bonnet? Maybe that's why none of the normal headlamps fit :idea:

What exactly is wrong with the headlight? Can it not be repaired rather than replaced or is the glass broken?

1986Uno45S said:
*Chas is confused!*:confused:

So you've got a mk1 Uno but it won't take mk1 or mk2 headlights?

Come to think of it, doesn't the Fiorino have the 'clamshell' type bonnet? Maybe that's why none of the normal headlamps fit :idea:

What exactly is wrong with the headlight? Can it not be repaired rather than replaced or is the glass broken?

Er no, i have a fiorino which is based on a mk2 uno, and it wont take mk1 or mk2 uno headlights. It does have a clamshell boneet (like a bigger version of the panda bonnet), and i cant repair it as the glass is smashed :(

christopher watson said:
Its a typical fiat parts bin vehicle, i'm surprised that i havent found any panda parts fitted to the van ;)
too common

Update, i found out tonight, that one of the people interested in buying my 1981 panda was thinking of taking it Mongolia, but as it went for over the £100 limit and didnt have tax, he left it (y)

christopher watson said:
Update, i found out tonight, that one of the people interested in buying my 1981 panda was thinking of taking it Mongolia, but as it went for over the £100 limit and didnt have tax, he left it (y)
Well done Christopher! You saved him!:worship:
But your work is incomplete my son!
Go forth and buy the OTHER 18 Pandas before they all die horrible deaths in the desert!

Back