General Aircon has died

Currently reading:
General Aircon has died

Scottish Weekender

The aircon on my 2001 Marea 100SX has just died. The dashboard light comes on when the button is pressed, but that's all. I know it is not working as the idle revs usually drop slightly when the aircon is activated, as well as the air not feeling the usual chill. Has anyone got any solutions/places to start investigating. Thanks

Thanks guys, will drop by Halfords tomorrow - with all this rain, I need the aircon to demist the windows! Will report back on outcome. Great site this, bet you wouldn't get this sort of support with a Kia/Toyota...etc!:)

Scottish Weekender said:
Thanks guys, will drop by Halfords tomorrow - with all this rain, I need the aircon to demist the windows! Will report back on outcome. Great site this, bet you wouldn't get this sort of support with a Kia/Toyota...etc!:)

couldnt say, i've only owned Fiats :p

good luck with the aircon and do let us know if it doesnt work, might be an idea to check that the compressor is running before you try this.

open up the bonnet, and look at the compressor unit(with aircon off(and assuming you can see it)) look and the central wheel and see if it is spinning, well it shouldnt be.

now go and turn the aircon on, now the central wheel should be spinning, if it isnt then suspect it needs regassing :)

Back