Technical Aircon blower fan output weak

Currently reading:
Technical Aircon blower fan output weak

pallet projects

Just bought a Punto where the fan was missing. Obvious attempt to fix by the state of the wiring. Got a fan from the local scrapyard. Fits fine. Had to send it to an auto electrician for wiring. Fan spins fine but output is very poor. Went to check if some ducting had been removed but all seems in place. Diverter knob tested with a smoke test (lit cigarette). Flow goes where it should so noting broken there. My last thought is that an Aircon fan is different from Non aircon fan??

Got any ideas?

Trevor :bang:

Hi and WELCOME TO THE FORUM!! :wave:

Have you checked the polen filter? As these get blocked with debris, the air flow through them gets less and less.

The fans should be the same.

Alan

I don't have a multimeter. I've read through the previous posts on fanes and have my mechanic check the battery and alternator voltages etc. Never thought of checking at the plug because the fan as such seems to run just fine - Trevor

Hi,

My thinking is that if its NOT getting 12v it wont be running at full speed. And therefore it wont be blowing out the same volume of air as it nrmally would. Say for example there is a problem with the wiring, it may not actually be getting full voltage when on speed 4. Testing for 12v at the connector plug whilst on speed setting 4 will ensure that its NOT a problem with the switch or wiring.

Alan

Back