General Airbag wiring fault - warranty?

Currently reading:
General Airbag wiring fault - warranty?

hey guys, my airbag failure warning light has been on for a good few months so i went to get it checked today and they said they are charging me £70 because they found a loose wire, and it's not covered under warranty, is this correct? i'm in my 3rd year of warranty and i thought it covered all electrical faults?? any ideas? i mean it's not like a wear and tear item is it, surely not :confused:

Where was the loose wire - was it anywhere that someone might have caught it, for example, when changing a fuse or steering wheel or ICE. If not then I would argue that warranty should cover it as it hasn't happened through wear and tear or interference from outside.

If you are not sure what is and what is not covered I would speak to Fiat customers services, they are very helpful, and if they say it should be covered then you can go back to your dealer.

Wiring faults NOT covered by third year warranty. Not garages fault & doubt customer services will bend the rules of warranty. Personally I think 3rd year warranty is very unclear & should of been explained by the salesman when he sold you the car (or prior) however he (she) probably knew they wont see you again (or stil be a salesman 2/3 years later so didn't bother.

Harsh but true!

Re: airbag failure warning light

thanks for your help, i believe it was located somewhere at the rear, but i haven't had any ice, and there aren't any wires hanging out in the boot so i can't see how this isnt covered. i'll ring fiat tomorrow as well thanks guys

Wiring faults NOT covered by third year warranty. Not garages fault & doubt customer services will bend the rules of warranty. Personally I think 3rd year warranty is very unclear & should of been explained by the salesman when he sold you the car (or prior) however he (she) probably knew they wont see you again (or stil be a salesman 2/3 years later so didn't bother.

Harsh but true!

yes harsh but probably true, i'll still ask them how it can't be covered, and see what they say :)

Unless a component (part of car) has failed and damaged wiring (i.e. internal fault & as a result damaged wiring) its not covered,if this was the case it would need a complete new loom as you cannot repair airbag loom(s). 3rd year warranty wont back down.

Back