Technical Airbag lights both showing , i've not hit anything !!

Currently reading:
Technical Airbag lights both showing , i've not hit anything !!

just wondering

Hi , Basically just been out , jumped back in the car , turned on the car , there was a red light showing for the air bag , so i thought hmmmm , so i turned the car off went to the passenger side , used the key to turn the passenger airbag off and bag , now a what looks like a 2nd airbag light is showing in orange , looks like a rear impact type icon in orange.....

Ive not hit anything or come to a grinding halt , just regular drivng .

Anyway to reset them or do i need to take it to a garage and ask them to reset ?

only thing that is new to the car , is two new tyres fitted 2 days ago for the MOT by the garage , lights just started showing 2 hours ago !!! Help please.

needs code reading to ascertain reason its come on
if you download fiatecuscan have access to a windows laptop and willing to buy say a 3 way kkl lead from say ebay then you could do the codes yourself for less than a pony

Hi , Basically just been out , jumped back in the car , turned on the car , there was a red light showing for the air bag , so i thought hmmmm , so i turned the car off went to the passenger side , used the key to turn the passenger airbag off and bag , now a what looks like a 2nd airbag light is showing in orange , looks like a rear impact type icon in orange.....

Anyway to reset them or do i need to take it to a garage and ask them to reset ?

only thing that is new to the car , is two new tyres fitted 2 days ago for the MOT by the garage , lights just started showing 2 hours ago !!! Help please.

The 2nd airbag light will come on, if youve turned the key in the isolator on passenger side, (youve deactived passenger air bag)

if you have got side airbags in seats,more than likely you will have a bad connection under one of the seats, this is common on two door cars or with cars with more than one driver, seat up and down too let passengers in the back or moving seat forward/backward loosens the conectors,

if no side airbags it couid be fault with drivers airbag or squib (clock spring)

diag needed too know for sure which has gone down,

ive got lucky afew times and have managed to get airbag lights off with no diag equiptment,

(!take battery lead off and leave for 20 mins before checking anything if your giving this a look over your self for your safety !)

stop slamming glove box shut or take some of the junk out of it, the connector for the isolator switch are mounted above the glove box and are crap to say the least
where are you ? maybe someone nearby can reset for you, usualy fault code is "passenger airbag switch intermittant"

stop slamming glove box shut or take some of the junk out of it, the connector for the isolator switch are mounted above the glove box and are crap to say the least
where are you ? maybe someone nearby can reset for you, usualy fault code is "passenger airbag switch intermittant"
Lol you know me too well , indeed when getting into the car I did slam close my over full glove box , your a star , local garage will reset for a fiver , ty

This sadly won't prevent this issue in future as its not the connector to the switch, it was a wiring loom design fault which caused the common earth used by the isolation switch to see a reverse current from the other systems in the dash that used the same earth, so much so fiat produced a fix for it see video 2

basically the switch needs its own dedicated earth

Back