Styling Airbag Light

Currently reading:
Styling Airbag Light

ReEsIe

Ok, well...

installed the new steering wheel on Sunday morning and its all been fine.

Drove to work today and it was fine. Came out of work this evening and now the red airbag light is stuck on.

Surely if there was something wrong with the airbag the car would have noticed it as soon as I installed it?

Does anybody know why this has happened? My only thought is that the airbag cable wasnt clipped in properly and has popped out while steering?

Even if it is the cable and I plug it in, will i need to take it to Fiat to get the airbag light turned off or should the car realise the airbag is ok?

Hi mate,

It will need to go to fiat to have the Airbag light reset. Once it registers a fault, it stores it. As it was working when you originally plugged it in, I would imagine that your idea is right and its probably just the connector popped off the back.

Good luck,
Alan

damn.

i have the same thing when i installed mine a few days ago too

fiat want £76 to turn it off.

welcome to the airbag light club :eek:

Last edited:
Where you get that done? Please let it be a place near me lol;)

somewhere in wrexham cannot remember as it is such a long time ago, iirc it is just a small garage my dad took me to get it sorted as well as the wipers that were screwed

search on ebay for u480, that will rest it and its under £30 delivered

Disconnecting terminals often solves the issue.

My sporting has seat airbags and the connections are forever playing up, somedays the light is on some it's off.

search on ebay for u480, that will rest it and its under £30 delivered

Are you sure? The Airbag circuit is different to the ECU one, my OBDII reader doesn't pick up any airbag faults.

Back