Technical Airbag light - 2005 Ducato

Currently reading:
Technical Airbag light - 2005 Ducato

ChasF

I have changed the seats in my van (some time ago) and the airbag light has been on ever since. As far as I can see the only connection is/was under the double seat which seems to be connected to the pretensioner on the centre seat seat belt. I can’t find a connector under the drivers seat and as far as I’m aware the seat can’t have had a pretensioner as the seat belt seems to be a conventional inertia reel unit fitted to the B pillar. My question is: having changed the double seat to a single, is there a dummy plug that replaces the pretensioner on the now missing centre seat?

My 2006 x244 PVC has a drivers airbag, and I suspect no other devices. Due having no need, and a respect for possible explosive devices, I have not investigated further.

Fiat eLearn states that the airbags and pretensioners are fitted according to the vehicle specification.

I have never seen any reference to a dummy plug, to replace a missing pretensioner or airbag. There are however advertisements for assortments of resistors to replicate the resistance of removed parts.

The simple answer to the question posed is no.

Possible alternative fixes are as follows.

1. Wire in a dummy resistor to replicate the resistance of the missing pretensioner.

2. More elegant, and possibly more expensive, if in fact possible, rewrite the Airbag memory to match the new configuration.

For further reading see here and here.

Thanks for your response. After I posted my question, I tried a search which came up with a lot of information and the resistor solution seemed the easiest. I’ve ordered some 2.2 Ohm resistors which should arrive tomorrow (the pretensioner measured 2.1 Ohms). Apparently once the rsistor is fitted the dashboard light can be cancelled using Multiecuscan, we can only hope it is as simple as that!

Back