Technical Airbag and seat belt warning light won’t go!! HELP

Currently reading:
Technical Airbag and seat belt warning light won’t go!! HELP

Jmre

Hi,
My FIAT Grande Punto 1.4 2010 is showing 4 warning lights on the dash all of a sudden.
It is showing a yellow triangle, red seatbelt light, a red airbag light and a baby car seat light.
The mileage screen is also flashing between the mileage and “No FPS”.
OBD reader is showing no errors, I have tried unplugging the battery for 30 minutes to no avail.
I’m worried because I do not want to drive if the airbag system is not working.
The garage I bought it from have said that some wires may have been disconnected under the seat if a passenger moved there seat etc. Is this possible? If so how would I go about locating the correct wires and connectors?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
33EDB02F-F699-4F20-9E91-677223C58E9A.jpeg

Hi :)

Your 'code reader' is probably Engine Only..

The errors here will be in the Body 'ECU'..

WIRING.. it Can get tugged around

Worth disconnecting the battery for an hour to see if the system resets.. But these
'SAFETY' warnings often need to be checked and cleared

Look on the forum to see if there is anybody on the Multiecuscan user Register near to you

Charlie - near the M4

FPS stands for fire prevention system. Please search similar topics from this forum. The fault may be with the airbag ecu or fuel cut off switch. Find a way to reset the inertia switch. For this later model I have no idea where it is or was there some way to reset it. It should be in the manual.

Had the car been in a crash? Only way to fix it may be to take it to a proper garage. Ask around. Some are just happy to write you a bill and not fix the fault.

FPS stands for fire prevention system. Please search similar topics from this forum. The fault may be with the airbag ecu or fuel cut off switch. Find a way to reset the inertia switch. For this later model I have no idea where it is or was there some way to reset it. It should be in the manual.

Had the car been in a crash? Only way to fix it may be to take it to a proper garage. Ask around. Some are just happy to write you a bill and not fix the fault.
I’m struggling finding where I can reset the switch, the car hasn’t been in a crash I owned it before these warning lights came on

Same car, similar issue:

Some pointed out, there is no MIL light and may just be that the airbag unit is not getting power. :unsure:

Get some garage with good reputation to have a look at it.

Back