Air Rifles and Pistols

Currently reading:
Air Rifles and Pistols

i have the s410, same as the s400 but with a 10 shot magazine, put a logun silencer on mine and its really really quiet lol

Firewarrior said:
i have the s410, same as the s400 but with a 10 shot magazine, put a logun silencer on mine and its really really quiet lol
So you'd go with the Logun silencer over the Air arms one then ? Or will there be very little difference between the two ?

to be honest mate i havent heard the air arms silencer, i was told by a member of the gun club i go to that logun silencers are good, put one on the rifle and all u hear is a tiny amount of gas discharge which is nearly inaudible unless you are standing right next to or shooting the rifle

yeh bb's but you want to be careful as they can explode in the barrel, i got a gas blow back glock 18c and mp5a4 aeg i wouldnt wanna take the chance lol

New gun arrived today. here's a couple of pics. It's the Air Arms S400 carbine with a walnut stock and AA silencer.

uploads400aa1.jpg

uploads400aa3.jpg

I go airsofting every 2 weeks on a Sunday and Upwood, Huntingdon. I own a MP5-SD5 and a Hi-Capa handgun. I have black SAS gear, assualt vest, boots and face mask. Its great fun. The MP5 cost £160 and fires 6mm BB's at a rate of 285 feet per second (fps). Magazines are £25 each and hold 200 rounds. It can empty the mag in around 30 seconds. It is know as a AEG as it runs on batteries (similar to a RC car). The Hi-Capa runs on gas and fires 6mm BB's at about 270 fps. The mag holds 31 rounds and can empty the mag as fast as you can pull the trigger. You use cans of gas and fill the magazine to use it. That cost about £100. This gun is cool as it has Gas Blow Back (GBB) which means when you fire the top slides back (like a real gun) and puts the next BB in the chamber. Go to http://www.fire-support.co.uk/store/comersus_dynamicIndex.asp to have a look.
There is also a forum at http://forums.ukairsoft.net/forumdisplay.php?forumid=270

HWMguys.jpg

The cost for the day is £20 (£40 inc gun hire).
At the end of the day it is just a game but its great fun lobbing grenades and smoke grenades around. Games vary from capture the flag to assualting buildings. When you get shot, your dead for 0 - 5mins then back in.
The benefits over paintball are:
Hurts less when you are hit (although a BB at 300fps can easily break the skin, and windows)
Lots cheaper
More realistic
Better guns
More fun

The game relies on honesty. You can easily feel if you are hit most of the time unless it hits you on webbing etc.
Marshalls wonder around to check everybody is playing fair. There is sometimes cheating, people not taking hits but only a small percentage do this.
When you are hit, you shout "HIT" and then place a yellow sock on the end of your gun (not your normal sock, they are specially made for the guns) then go to the dead zone for the time stated in the briefing. If a grenade goes of in a room you are dead, no matter how big the room is.

That does sound like fun. But BBs' have a very short range don't they ?
Do you have to get fairly close to hit someone ?
I like the 7-800 feet per second you get from a airgun (none FAC) and picking off targets at 70 odd metres :) Although you can't have the same fun as with the BBs' as it would be a little dangerous to shoot someone with it :D

It is fun. When you are clearing a building not knowing what is round the next corner it can be scary. Your heart pounds, your sweating (sounds saucy) then rat-a-tat-tat, a hail of BB's hit the wall next to you and you dive for cover. It really gives you a different perspective on the army and how those guys must feel in combat.

The range can be anything up to about 60 metres for a top end sniper rifle and machine guns are roughly 40-50 metres. The longer the barrel the better the range though.
The sorts of guns you can get is incredible.
MP5, AK47, PSG-1, SPAS12 Shotgun, Uzi, Mac-11, Desert Eagles etc.

gr1340 said:
It is fun. When you are clearing a building not knowing what is round the next corner it can be scary. Your heart pounds, your sweating (sounds saucy) then rat-a-tat-tat, a hail of BB's hit the wall next to you and you dive for cover. It really gives you a different perspective on the army and how those guys must feel in combat.

The range can be anything up to about 60 metres for a top end sniper rifle and machine guns are roughly 40-50 metres. The longer the barrel the better the range though.
The sorts of guns you can get is incredible.
MP5, AK47, PSG-1, SPAS12 Shotgun, Uzi, Mac-11, Desert Eagles etc.
Yeah I have seen quite a lot of the guns and TBH i find it quite unbelievable how they can be sold to almost anyone when they look so close to the guns they mimic. :eek: You'd think the authorities would actually step in and say something. They should be easier to recognise as a none lethal weapon IMO.
Someone will get hurt before they do something about it :rolleyes:

Airsoft is great fun only did it once but was good...

Nowhere near the kind of adreline pumping though as when we had to go against a bunch of full time soldiers in an old village on Sailsbury plain... :eek: now that was great especially being section commander and just getting to blat loads of blanks off in the LSW :D Oh and shouting at people and the free t-shirt at the end for being the best section :)

The government and currently trying to ban the sale of these replica guns because 99% of people whould not be able to tell the difference between an airsoft gun and a real gun. It would be all to easy to go and hold up my local bank with one these guns. ******thought process. hmmm, I could do with a new car. I could live the life of luxury in the Bahamas. birds, booze, beaches and a slap up grill for two. I have all the gear, no-one would recognise me!*******
Ahem, seriously though, I believe that want to introduce some sort of licence to make it harder to get one.
Problem is, real guns are illegal but people still get them, all to easily I feel.

There have been a few cases about the use of replica guns in crime which is why they are trying to ban them. Its a shame, its a great sport and hobby.

As always mate, things are ruined for the people that are honest and careful with these things, all because of the minority of idiots around.

As far as making it harder to purchase them, I think they are making all retailers of guns get some license that requires them to have a police inspection and also to take full details of anyone wishing to purchase one.
Won't do much to prevent problems though, cuz the idiots will always find a way :rolleyes:

Back