Technical Air horns - WORKING - FITTING HELP INSIDE

Currently reading:
Technical Air horns - WORKING - FITTING HELP INSIDE

very loud, people beter move out my way, or a bigger one will be going on:D

its a 30 minute job, if u know wot u doin. I will write better instructions when I got more time, just in-case people want to upgrade there old horn

plate2jb.jpg

Seicento Sporting, Modified Front Bumper, Saxo Custom Spoiler, Abarth Side Skirts, Bad Boy Bonnet, Afterburner Rear Lenses, 4" Powerflow Exhaust System, Abarth 14" Alloys.
IN THE PIPELINE:
-40mm Drop

Check out my site: http://badboygaz.mysite.freeserve.com​

Hey glad to hear you got it goin.

You said "take a wire direct from the battery with in-line fuse to No.30 on relay box" do you mean just unscrew the battery a bit and put a wire in the screw back on then attach a fuse to that wire then that wire to the relay box (sorry if I sound daft just prefer to know exactly how to do this)

And to earth things can you simply stick bare wire to the bumper?

"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the US of arrogance, and Germany doesn't want to go to war!"

yeah, u normally have in-line fuses with car amplifers a wire connected to a fuse - then fuse to relay

im getting one from halfords tomorrow, it works without but just to be on the safe side im putting one on.

Earth you attach to car body (metal), not bumper, usuallyunder an exsisting screw like on top of wheel arch

plate2jb.jpg

Seicento Sporting, Modified Front Bumper, Saxo Custom Spoiler, Abarth Side Skirts, Bad Boy Bonnet, Afterburner Rear Lenses, 4" Powerflow Exhaust System, Abarth 14" Alloys.
IN THE PIPELINE:
-40mm Drop

Cool cool I got paid today so if the weather improves I'll try later tonight over at halfords if no I'll wait till tomorrow, cant be bothered getting drencht

"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the US of arrogance, and Germany doesn't want to go to war!"

i dont no, could be.

but it is considerably louder and better than the standard horn

plate2jb.jpg

IN THE PIPELINE:
-40mm Drop

Damn still pissin down I'll try later in the week dont spose there's any chance on pics

i aint got a cam at the mo, i borrowed it to a mate and its in another country at the mo.

i got a camera phone but dont no how to ge them onto my computer cause i cant find a lead for it

plate2jb.jpg

IN THE PIPELINE:
-40mm Drop

Owell if you get a chance it'd be apprecated

Weathers improved goin try today

if i was to get an existing horn off another fiat or alfa would it go straight on without all this extra wiring (like live feed from battery with fuse etc..). plus an alfa horn sounds nice :)

has anyone done this?

cheers

Sei sporting
motore di punto

umm.. dont no, i cant see a problem with it aslong as the connectors are the same

plate2jb.jpg

IN THE PIPELINE:
-40mm Drop

Well that was a waste o time [:(!]

Pretty sure I done everything right but still no joy can you point out what I done wrong

1. Removed old horn
2. Tested both connecters with a circut tester using a screw from the bumper as earth, niether lit so it was Positive Activated.
3. Mounted new horns
4. Disconnected negitve on the battery and attached wire with 10amp fuse to positve and relay.
5. Attached old horn wire to relay
6. Attached new horns to relay
7. Attached relay and horns to a screw that was part of something under the bonnet (not sure what it is, it's just behind the horn) as earth
8. Reconnected battery and pushed horn with no sound :( sucks ass

EDIT - Oh and iv got a cinqy btw

test the horns, could be dodgy but doubt it, run 2 wires from each direct to +/- on battery.

I cant find the instructions for my horns, but i think the only difference positive activated has over earth activated is that it earths to the car body instead of back to the live.

I can only write instrucations as I only wired it up earth activated and its for a sei.

1. Wire horns up, like diagram
2. Run live feed to battery - this should also include the earth, like on diagram
3. Run horn wire to black/white original horn wire
4. Hopefully it will now work

Please tell me if im wrong cause i aint got the diagram and cant remember what it looks like

plate2jb.jpg

IN THE PIPELINE:
-40mm Drop

glad when the faq's are finished on this one went to auto electrition round here they wanted £20 to fit a horn defo do it myself will get same one from halfords cheers guys

Hey went into Halfords before my break away from work and he reckoned it was earth it an appropriate place so I redone it whilest I was away but still not working [:(!]

I'll try what you said later on next week sometime altho I dont think I've got a blank n white wire IIRC it's black and the other is purple

Fancy a cinqy?

Back