Technical Air Horns twin tone - FITTING???

Currently reading:
Technical Air Horns twin tone - FITTING???

MikeyD

im lookin to fit these to my sei, but before i buy, can anyone tell me how hard (or easy) they are to fit? I see they come with a small relay box (i think) and various other attachments (plastic tubing). I fitted them YEARS ago to an old Fiesta (hick) and it seemed easy back then. Bit more shakey these daze !!
Thanx

Right,

Rule 1. DO NOT, under any circumstances, forget to fit the relay.

Rule 2. Wire the power feed to the relay to the battery positive terminal, using an approprite fuse. The fuse to be placed as close to the battery as possible.

Rule 3.Use a short piece of the correct gauge of wire to connect the earth from the relay to the relay mounting screw.

Use the existing horn wiring as the switching signal for the relay.

Cheers

D

Two tone horns are perfectly legal if they both sound at the same time. What is illegal, is horns that play a tune, even if that tune is only two notes. Most air horn kits have a single output compressor and a 'Y' peice for the pipes leading to the horns, and are tuned to be as discordant as possible, stands out more.

Cheers

D

i looked at these the other day. the twin tone or triple tones are legal on any road car. the musical ones are only for off road use or for cars registered before 1973.

if you want musical ones just fit them on a seperate switch in your dash.

Back