Styling Air Horn Upgrade

Currently reading:
Styling Air Horn Upgrade

Cusim

:D:DHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA:D:D

Read the post on here the other day entitled "Air Horns" and started itching with excitment.
Managed to get down to halfords yesterday, purchased myself some airhorns.
Threw away the instructions, fuse, relay etc just like little red devil said, undid the spade connectors on the original horn, and plugged them into the new compressor.
(Getting really excited by this point)
Connected the air hose to just one horn and got my eagerly anticipating brother to hold the compressor and horn (so it didnt fall and get lost in the engine compartment) then i skipped round to the steering wheel to give it a test.
BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPP

My brother fell backwards dropped the horn and headbutted the garage door.
The £15.99 i shelled out was well worth it for this classic you've been framed moment.

But since then ive cable tied everything to the chassis somewhere behind the bumper whilst im constructing a bracket that will fit on the original horn mount.

Had hours of fun scaring the shoite out of people already. Definatley recommended buying one, the most fun upgrade for less than 20 squid by far.

Allthough it didnt quite do its job when an old clown (politest description i could think of) in a jeep pulled out in front of me and left huge rubber marks and a twelve inch scratch on my wheel arch this afternoon [:(!] Not Happy!! (my first accident aswell [}:)])

[8D]Cheers Little Red Devil!!!!!![8D]

Hope you've still got that relay!! it's there for a reason. The airhorn compressor runs at 30A max and te relay for the old horn is rated at 20A max.

You'll run the risk of the 20A relay welding itself together and leaving the horn on constantly

Just a warning, But they don't half make a noise!!!:D:D

sig.jpg

Back