Technical air flow monitor

Currently reading:
Technical air flow monitor

paulo7555

can anyone help me ,i have a engine fault come up on my dash and i'm told by my local garage that is the air flow monitor and it needs replacing .does anyone know what it looks like and where it is.as i may try to replace it myself if it is not to differcult.

paulo7555 said:
can anyone help me ,i have a engine fault come up on my dash and i'm told by my local garage that is the air flow monitor and it needs replacing .does anyone know what it looks like and where it is.as i may try to replace it myself if it is not to differcult.
Only a guess but its gotta be behind the air box somewhere dependant on the model of stilo

paulo7555 said:

Look at the hose coming out of the air box, and you'll see a connector with some wires coming out of it; that's where it is, part of the "hose".

You don't say which engine you have but for certain your MAP sensor will be between the throttle valve and the fuel injectors
Just follow the inlet manifold downstream of the throttle valve
Item 1 here

map1.JPG

Last edited:
There fairly easy to replace, just a couple of clips a mulitplug and a bit of a tug and it should come out:slayer:

You might need to get the error deleted off of the ECU by the dealer though

Deckchair5 said:
You don't say which engine you have but for certain your MAP sensor will be between the throttle valve and the fuel injectors
Just follow the inlet manifold downstream of the throttle valve
Item 1 here

map1.JPG
Thank you for your help and the information you have given,
i will have a look and have a go .

PJB88 said:
There fairly easy to replace, just a couple of clips a mulitplug and a bit of a tug and it should come out:slayer:

You might need to get the error deleted off of the ECU by the dealer though
CHEERS TO ALL WHO HELP ON MY QUESTION

Back