Technical Air filters

Currently reading:
Technical Air filters

Cinq_Sport_BiG_DaVE

BadBoi Bonnet In Da Makin
Decided to get rid of the grey sporting box and get a universal filter

so went 2 the scrappy andd got a carb cover off a cinq, 's' i think, will it fit strate on?

i had trouble with the seal on the carb it was bigger than the new cover

any ideas?

mase_abarth said:
a dirty big hammer?

i wish

i have made a new seal of of a splicing kit

but i need some bolts to hold the cover to the carb
-
then i need some nice yellow samco hose to atach the cover to the filter!!!!

lovely

btw: what are the other tubes that come off the sporting box?

and that little red thing in the filter? how can i get that in my new cover?

the only thing u need to worry about is the breather tube which comes from the rocker cover, slap a mini breather fliter on that, u can get them from halfrauds.

as far as hosing goes, i am doin the same thing as u, buildin my own with a universal cone, speak to www.sfsperformance.com.uk

they are sortin out my hosing!

as far as bolts go, i dont kno cause mine has been put on hold till i get a new ride...

mase_abarth said:
the only thing u need to worry about is the breather tube which comes from the rocker cover, slap a mini breather fliter on that, u can get them from halfrauds.

as far as hosing goes, i am doin the same thing as u, buildin my own with a universal cone, speak to www.sfsperformance.com.uk

they are sortin out my hosing!

as far as bolts go, i dont kno cause mine has been put on hold till i get a new ride...

will give them a try ten dude
im gonna do a step by step of my problem if thats ok

this is what i have got now
66ce87c6.jpg

this is the engine with no filter
fc2fbde6.jpg

this is what i want(efectivly)
291e26e5.jpg

but i have pipes and other bcables that i do not no what to do with - eg: where does the original cold air feed tube go? and that little square box just under the ecu?
u can see the pipes and wires that are loose in this pic
960a3fb3.jpg

What the hell is this? and the wire in the next 2 pics go on to it - so how do i put this onto my new system?
8328933b.jpg

speak for themselves
0d6b5621.jpg

71ce7564.jpg

yes i am a 56k user and it will take ages to load
sorry

help mase?

don't need any of them. just breather pipe. Everything else can come out

I found that the best way of solving the seal problem was to turn it upside-down. Once I did this it seem to fit perfectly with the t/b dome. Try it out before you cut it up to make it smaller.

Hope this helps

Also when you remove the cold air intake stuff you can take the complete bracket off. The horn fits back onto the bottom bracket mounts and the Main Loom connecter fits easily into one of the top bracket mounts. This makes the install look better and gives a little more room at the front of the engine bay. You can just about make out the position of the connector in the second picture of my cinq on this thread https://www.fiatforum.com/showthread.php?t=15026

Point of info: the red thing in the standard air box is a vacum operated thermostatic switch, it governs whether the engine is sucking air from over the top of the exhaust manifold (when it is cold and trying to warm up) or from just outside the engine bay (once it is up to temp). The brown tube is a vacum line from the throttle body to the switch, and the blue one is a vacum line which should run from the switch to a box with a flap in it normally mounted just to the right of the engine. This flap moves back and forth to direct the airflow as mentioned above.

Yes, you can do without it but you will notice that your engine takes a long while to warm up, particularly in winter. There isn't really any way around this if you are fitting an after market induction kit, it's just something to bare in mind. I personally run a GSR Induction kit in summer and the standard box with a K&N element in it during winter.

A word of warning though: If you simply pull the little tube off the back of the inlet manifold, or indeed just let it flap around in the engine bay, then it will be sucking assorted clag into you engine via the injection system. This, I would suggest, is not a "good thing" despite it being quite a small hose. Blank the hole off with a bit of tape or similar.

HTH

Dan

Back